Does my licence allow my wife to use 1password on her computer, without cost. We do not share data.

alanbarsky
alanbarsky
Community Member

Does my licence allow my wife to use 1password on her computer, without extra cost? We do not share data.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Does my licence allow my wife to use 1password on her computer, without cost. We do not share data

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alanbarsky,

Thanks for asking about this.

I see that you don't have a 1Password Families subscription, but rather a single version license. The license you purchased a while ago does allow your wife to use 1Password on her Mac. :)

If you ever did want to share data — my wife and I have loads of things in our shared vault — consider signing up for 1Password Families.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Cheers!

• alanbarsky
    alanbarsky
    Community Member

I dont want to share data. So how do I get her on board.
    Just download a free trial version then insert my licence into her computer and it will work?

• alanbarsky
    alanbarsky
    Community Member

In details, so then do we use her email or name for the user name part? what are the exact steps?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@alanbarsky,

No worries. You don't have to share data. :)

She would just install 1Password on her Mac just like you installed it on yours. There is no username. She just creates a new vault and enters her own Master Password.

If you forward her your license email, she can just click the link in the email to apply the license. I just resent your license email to make it easier. :+1:

• alanbarsky
    alanbarsky
    Community Member

THANK YOU!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It's my pleasure! Have a fantastic weekend, @alanbarsky. :)

This discussion has been closed.