Problem with 2-page 3-field login

Options
debrav
debrav
Community Member
edited July 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

I have searched the forums for a solution to this, but I can't seem to find one. My new local bank has a 2-page, 3 field login.

Page 1: customer id and user id
Page 2: password

I have tried manually & automatically saving logins, changing the webform details (the 'name' element is correct for each field) and splitting up the login into 2 separate records (1 for each page) it doesn't work. Either the customer id will populate or the user id will, but not both.

Any solutions or suggestions for making this work?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.1 (631006)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5
Sync Type: DropBox/Wifi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@debrav: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, knowing the URL will be crucial if we're going to be able to test it to try to offer assistance there. And I'm a bit confused about where you're having this issue, since you posted in the iOS category of the forums but the version information you included seems to be for a Mac. Please let me know. Thanks in advance! :)

• debrav
    debrav
    Community Member
    Options

brenty: The OS and related version information is listed in the footer of my original post. I thought that's where it's supposed to go (I'm new to the forums). However, to reinterate:

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.1 (631006)
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5
    Sync Type: DropBox/Wifi

You're correct, this is a Mac issue and I did not correctly specify the proper discussion category. I'll be happy to repost it to the correct one, if you'd prefer.

Here are additional details...
    The real problem exists with Page-1 of the login process

Url of the Page-1 login: https://i-businessbanking.ebanking-services.com/EamWeb/account/login.aspx?appId=beb&brand=i-businessbanking

And a screen shot of the 1password record to show how its configured.

I tried setting up a login automatically and I also tried to set it up manually, but the problem still exists. On the page-1 screen, it will only populate the top field, Company ID.

In the webform details, the field types only allow for 1 user ID and 1 password. It doesn't seem to like 2 identify fields configured so it seems that one gets ignored.

Thank you for your help with this.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @debrav,

I've actually moved your query to our saving and filling section as I think it best fits. Don't worry, getting just the right area sometimes isn't obvious and takes somebody from AgileBits assessing it.

So what I can say is a single Login item won't work, not based on how 1Password currently works. While we can cope with 2 page logins using a single Login item they have to be simple and by simple I mean either asking for just a username or just a password. The reason for this is due to the original design of a Login item it can only describe a single page and we can't rely on it here. Instead I do believe two individual Login items should work.

When you save a Login item in your browser for that first page you will only see one of the fields visible under the username label but that doesn't mean 1Password shouldn't try to fill both. When 1Password matches the page you're trying to fill to the Login item, and they do fully match, 1Password will use the contents of the web form details to fill. I looked at the first page using the link you supplied and my test item did successfully fill both fields on the first test.

For the first page you will need to use the steps outlined in How to save a Login manually in your browser as 1Password won't ask if you want to save here. If you save a Login item, reload the page and try to fill with the newly saved Login item what happens?

If it doesn't properly fill both fields can you let us know what your preferred browser is and what version of the 1Password Browser Extension you have installed as it might be I'm testing a different configuration.

If you save separate Login items does the one for the second page work as expected? I won't be able to see the second page to test but based on your description I would hope 1Password can cope with it.

I'll be interested to learn about your findings.

This discussion has been closed.