Autofill login to sites via 1password.com?

madcap
madcap
Community Member

Hi

Somebody on our team is on an old windows machine, so relies on logging in to .1password.com for access rather than using the app.

They are kind of fed up clicking on a site link, then copying the username, then copying the password to login.

Is there any facility on 1password.com to autologin, much like the app? i.e. click a link and it fills in the username and password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @madcap,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

At present the 1Password browser extensions (which handle the filling) require 1Password for Mac or 1Password 6 for Windows (beta). What version of Windows is this individual stuck on?

Ben

• madcap
    madcap
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Hi Ben, I don't have the version to hand right now. Let's assume for a moment that the user has neither the app nor the browser extension, and is getting access to websites by signing in online via %myteam%.1password.com, finding the site in the vault, then 1) copy/paste url, 2) copy/paste username and 3) copy/paste password. Seems a bit cumbersome, am I missing something?

• Not missing anything @madcap. The browser extension is the component which does the filling, and the browser extension requires the app. So without the app you're left without the browser extension which leaves you without filling.

We do have a beta 1Password 6 for Windows app which runs on Windows 7 or greater, and has browser extensions and 1Password Teams support:

Help us welcome 1Password 6 to our Windows family! — AgileBits Support Forum

If they are using an OS older than Windows 7 unfortunately there is no way for them to get filling.

Thanks.

Ben

• madcap
    madcap
    Community Member

Gotcha. Thanks for "filling" me in :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

Hi @madcap

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome! If there's anything else that we can help you with we're always here for you! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

;) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.