ebay.com and ruten.com.tw incorrectly match each other for some reason

Hi 1Password support team,

When I visit www.ruten.com.tw and attempt to use 1Password mini to auto-fill, the logins of my eBay accounts will show up for some reason.
Vice versa, www.ruten.com.tw logins show up when browsing ebay.com as well.

I believe it is a bug, would you help me confirm?

Screenshot for science

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7.90
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @vicjang,

We would be very interested in learning what website fields both of these Login items have stored. A Login item can have more than one entry so all that are listed may be of importance.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@vicjang I'm sorry for the trouble here! We made this change a while back due to some user reports that eBay credentials could be used to sign in to ruten.com.tw, but perhaps it looks like this is not true? In any case, the behavior you're seeing right now is working as intended, but perhaps this change was too aggressive.

Your ruten.com.tw Login should still show in the list there for you as well, but if it doesn't, please try adding a new URL to the item with the domain of "ebay.com" and that should get things working again. I'll review this change and make any changes necessary here. Again, I'm sorry for the trouble.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• vicjang
    vicjang
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

@jxpx777 Interesting! I wasn't aware of the collaboration between the two auction sites. Thanks for letting me know.
    It is working properly under this circumstances and it makes sense now.

However I feel like users who actually need to use their ebay login on ruten.com.tw can simply manually add the proper URL into 1Password so that it'll show up, without having to implement it into the application. After all that's the beauty of having customizable items and web forms, isn't it?

But anyway, thank you for the reply!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're right that adding another URL works regardless. It's definitely a tough call, since people will feel differently. In cases like apple.com/icloud.com it's much clearer that these should be treated as equivalent, but we're always trying to find the best balance. Thanks for your feedback on this!

This discussion has been closed.