Issues wiith migrating to Windows10

Hi,

Just got a new Surface Tablet PC that is running Windows10. I want to transfer my 1Password vault over from my MacBook Air, and I chose to do the folder transfer - I saved it on a USB folder. The file shows up as "1Password.opvault". When I launch 1Password from my Windows 10, I get 2 options: 1) Sign in to 1password account; or 2) "Already have 1data somewhere else". I choose option 2 and then it takes me to 3 folder locations: OneDrive; DropBox; or Local Folder. I choose local folder and select the folder, but no files show-up and it doesn't seem like it is able to find/read this ".opvault" file.

No idea how to rectify this issue...

Thanks in advance for the help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10, Mac OSX
Sync Type: Local Folder

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kingsidney: I'm sorry for the trouble! I wonder if the OPVault is incomplete somehow from when you transferred it. If you open it, what do you see inside? You're definitely doing the right thing by using Local Folder, but 1Password will need all of the data there to be able to read it. Please let me know what you find!

• kingsidney
    kingsidney
    Community Member

But...how can I open it if the app doesn't recognize it? And when I try and open it from windows explorer...it asks me what app to use to open it...so...not entirely sure how I should open? Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kingsidney: Yeah that definitely sounds like you're missing something. In Windows File Explorer, the .opvault should be an actual folder you can open. What options do you get if you right-click it? If you view it's properties, what file type is it shown as? I wonder if there was a problem transferring the structure due to the USB drive's filesystem or something.

This discussion has been closed.