Pricing for 1 X android phone

jenniq
jenniq
Community Member

I'd like a simple answer to my question please. What is the price to use 1password on 1 X android phone. I see there is a free trial period where you can use all features. After that if I want to add logins and passwords to 1password only on this phone - do I have to pay US$64?
I can't understand why you have to have such complicated pricing options, which I see results in very many questions to the forums. I'm obviously not the only one who is confused. Thanks very much for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Pricing android phone

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @jenniq , I'm sorry to hear that the 1Password pricing is confusing you.

The simple answer to your question is — The initial trial period for all 1Password versions is 30 days. After this period, 1Password for Mac, Windows, IOS and Android remain fully functional, but with limitations.
    The Android Pro/IOS versions will allow you to remove these limitations i.e. add and edit data.
    1Pasword Pro for Android (and IOS) cost $9.99
    1Password for Mac/Windows costs $64.99

I hope this helps with your purchase decision.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jenniq: The Pro Features in 1Password for Android are an in-app purchase, and since it's tied to your Google Account you can use it on multiple Android devices if you wish. The license for the desktop version of 1Password sold through the AgileBits Store is not necessary if you only want to use it on Android. I hope this helps! :)

• jenniq
    jenniq
    Community Member

Thanks for the information Rob, nowhere can I see that for $9.99 you can have the ability to add and edit logins after the trial. Is this offered to you at the end of the 30 day period when it expires? Could someone direct me to the page for this offer please?

Also, I believe it is misleading to say that the app is "fully functional" after the 30 day trial considering you aren't able to add and edit data, which is the main use for the app. That's a pretty major limitation!

Thanks again
    Jenniq

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jenniq: Well, in rjh's defense, what he actually said was "fully functional, but with limitations." I think what he meant is that some apps will nag you and put up ads or timers or lock you out completely. 1Password doesn't do that. He was just trying to help, so let's not be too hard on him. He did answer you question faster than I did, after all! ;)

Anyway, if you want to buy it, just go to Settings > Pro features and make the purchase (more information in the link I provided above). We won't bug you about it, but we appreciate anyone who supports us so we can keep making 1Password even better. Cheers! :)

• jenniq
    jenniq
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply Brenty - when I was posting my reply to Rob your reply wasn't visible to me. The posts arrived 1 minute apart so no doubt we were posting at the same time.

I certainly wasn't being hard on Rob. I thanked him for the information, it was clear to me that he was just quoting info from 1password's website.

I was aware that he said 'fully functional but with limitations'; to me something that was fully functional wouldn't have limitations.

Anyway, moving on, I've had a look at the links you've provided, and I still can't find the pricing information. When you say go to Settings > Pro features, is this accessed from within the app after you've activated the 30 day trial period?
    I'd like to know how much it's going to cost me before I download the app.

Thanks very much for your help, but I'd still like to be directed to the pricing page which tells me the cost of the Android Pro features please.

Jenniq

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jenniq: We don't have a pricing page for 1Password for Android because, like any Android app, the price and currency vary depending on your geographical location and Google Play store region. However, if you follow the link I sent earlier, going to the 1Password page in the Google Play store on your device should reflect the correct price and currency for your situation. I'm sorry that it isn't simpler than that, but I have no way of knowing where you are! And of course if you go into 1Password Settings > Pro Features as I mentioned above, that should give you the same information. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.