Cannot get Chrome extension AT ALL

adzy
adzy
Community Member
edited June 2011 in 1Password 4 for Windows
Using the latest version of 1Password (updated it today) & the latest Chrome Google Chrome 14.0.797.0 Beta yet they don't like eachother. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit & the option is greyed out for me (under preferences) yet can easily enable it for IE. I tried disabling all my Chrome extensions, still nothing. Uninstalled, reinstalled Chrome, still nothing. Tried closing Chrome & starting up 1Password first & vice versa & still nothing!

I can't remember but during 1Password's installation I might've disabled the option for Chrome (can't remember) although I don't see why it should block it out completely?

Help! :P

Is there a way to manually install it?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    adzy wrote:

Using the latest version of 1Password (updated it today) & the latest Chrome Google Chrome 14.0.797.0 Beta yet they don't like eachother. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit & the option is greyed out for me (under preferences) yet can easily enable it for IE. I tried disabling all my Chrome extensions, still nothing. Uninstalled, reinstalled Chrome, still nothing. Tried closing Chrome & starting up 1Password first & vice versa & still nothing!

I can't remember but during 1Password's installation I might've disabled the option for Chrome (can't remember) although I don't see why it should block it out completely?

Help! :P

Is there a way to manually install it?

Confirmed. 1Password does not seem to recognize Google Chrome 14. Not sure why this is the case. I would have to look into this. In the meantime, my advice is NOT to run Google Chrome, because this is the canary build. My advice is to run Google Chrome 12 (the stable build) or Google Chrome 13 (the beta build).
  • adzy
    adzy
    Community Member
    Thanks :) I rolled back to version 12.0.742.91 and its working fine now. Probably a good thing anyway as I found the last 2 BETAs crashing a lot :P
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    adzy wrote:

Thanks :) I rolled back to version 12.0.742.91 and its working fine now. Probably a good thing anyway as I found the last 2 BETAs crashing a lot :P

Welcome to the forum, adzy!

I hope you won't mind a gentle reminder that 1Password is confirmed to be compatible only with the current non-Beta versions of the supported browsers.

If the Preferences window still cites Beta builds as supported, that's an oversight that needs to be corrected.

We're sorry for any lack of clarity on this point.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    adzy wrote:

Using the latest version of 1Password (updated it today) & the latest Chrome Google Chrome 14.0.797.0 Beta yet they don't like each other. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit & the option is greyed out for me (under preferences) yet can easily enable it for IE.

Even though we do not officially support the Canary build, I have fixed this in 1.0.7.BETA-207
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    You lucked out, adzy! :D

For the record, though, it's unlikely that any of us will be testing 1Password with anything besides the current non-Beta release of our supported browsers.
This discussion has been closed.