Master Password predicament, new to families

Options
notben
notben
Community Member

Here is my problem. I have been using 1password on my Mac and ios devices for a while now. I finally decided to try out families.
Now, I can't login to the website, ie: https://family-*********.1password.com/
nor my original account on the website

Could this be because I used the same email address?

Also, I can't get into the family account admin area to reset the master password because I'm not sure now if I just typed the password in wrong, and no, I didn't write it down on my emergency kit this time ( though, I'm still not 100% sure if this is the only problem, but why can't I login in to the website with my original account).
Plus, I'm not sure how I would specifically reset the only the family account. I am logged on to families on my ipad, but haven't added the new vaults to my Mac yet.

So, before I start resetting everything, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @notben

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password! You only have an account if you are using Teams or Families. This is a pretty new way to use 1Password, from this year, so if you've been using 1Password for years what you originally had was a license. A license doesn't come with an account, you wouldn't be able to log in on 1Password.com.

I can see on our records that besides your current Family account you also created a Team account a ew months ago back when it was in Beta. It seems like you never really used. Could you please tell us some more details on what you mean by:

Now, I can't login to the website, ie: https://family-*********.1password.com/ nor my original account on the website

What kind of error message do you get? Have you checked that you are using the right domain with the right Account Key and Master Password? Are you able to use the account on your iPad without any trouble?

I hope to hear back from you with some more details about this so we can get to the bottom of it! :chuffed:

• notben
    notben
    Community Member
    Options

I exchanged emails with Lisa in New Zealand last night. she put in a request to have the account reset. are you able to see that, or should I forward you the email exchange?
    thanks.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @notben

We have your email and will continue the process over there! :chuffed:

ref: LIW-49468-741

This discussion has been closed.