Issue syncing over Dropbox on new PC install of 1Password v4.6

Options

Hello. Long time user on iOS / Mac platform. Trying to get a new Win 7 laptop playing nice with fresh 1PW install (v4.6.0.604). I have been syncing thru DropBox on the iOS / Mac devices into a Dropbox/1PW, in file 1Password.agilekeychain. I saw on another thread that Windows and MacOS use different file/folder structures for 1Password Vault.

Win version would not recognize existing file 1Password.agilekeychain. I was able to create new account in the Win version of 1Password, and import a manually transferred data.1pif file which was exported from MacOS version of 1PW - v4.4.3 (443000) This is adequate for short term.

I wend through Preferences, to store 1Password Vault on Dropbox. It seems the Win version of 1PW created a new folder in DropBox under Dropbox/Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain Clearly, this is different path and file. How do I get Win version to sync on Dropbox with other iOS / MacOS devices?

Thanks!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, Dropbox/Apps/1Password/ is the default path for 1Password in Dropbox, and if you create an AgileKeychain instead of OPVault, then that's what 1Password for Windows will place in Dropbox for you when you setup sync.

All you need to do is select the same path and choose the same vault on each device, and all of your devices will be using the same data. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wwartell,

Open 1Password on the Mac first, unlock, and go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Sync. Select the primary vault on the left side and then you should see the path to your 1Password vault in the Dropbox directory.

Now, use that information on your PC to help 1Password open that specific vault. To do so, open 1Password, go to the File Menu > Open 1Password Vault to select the vault in your Dropbox directory.

I hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.