I'm using 1pw on win10, mostly with chrome. There are some functions that seem to be missing.

Options

1 - The menu option in the app to the forum launches a non-existent url
2 - There is no option (as there is on the iPad) to create a new login and generate a password for it.
3 - When generating a password there is no prompt to ask if it should be saved as a login along with current displayed url.
4 - There is no option to reveal or copy or otherwise recover the last-generated password.
5 - generated passwords that were/are not linked to login entries are apparently no saved in a way that would allow them to be viewed or converted into logins.
6 - on many pages that are registration screens 1pw does not detect (even if a new password was just created and filled, that the user should get the 'save new entry' dialog.

All in all pretty frustrating and creates a lot of unnecessary work for me.

Or have I missed something?....

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.7.90
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:missing functions?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1 - The menu option in the app to the forum launches a non-existent url

@DoctorDan: Sorry for the trouble there! We've updated the link in the latest beta, so it will reach the stable version eventually as well. Thanks for bringing it up!

2 - There is no option (as there is on the iPad) to create a new login and generate a password for it.

You can access the Password Generator in the browser using the 1Password extension. Then when you enter the generated password into the form, you can have 1Password save it for you.

3 - When generating a password there is no prompt to ask if it should be saved as a login along with current displayed url.

Indeed, merely saving a login with the new generated password won't do any good unless it's updated on the site as well, so it's important to do both together.

4 - There is no option to reveal or copy or otherwise recover the last-generated password.

I'm not sure I understand. You should be able to see the current generated password in the password generator dialog box, where you can also copy it. Let me know if you're looking at something else instead.

5 - generated passwords that were/are not linked to login entries are apparently no saved in a way that would allow them to be viewed or converted into logins.

This is a feature we'd like to add in the future. While ultimately 1Password has no way of knowing when a generated password has actually been used, it would be helpful in some situations to have a "log" or something similar. Thanks for the feedback!

6 - on many pages that are registration screens 1pw does not detect (even if a new password was just created and filled, that the user should get the 'save new entry' dialog.

I agree! Please let us know the URLs so we can try to improve it for you and everyone else. Thanks in advance! :)

• cubly
    cubly
    Community Member
    Options

I think a feature which adds buttons to username and password boxes would be nice, like the LastPass extension adds, it would make it easier to login!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cubly,

That's something we'd like to do in the future. Right now, the extension itself doesn't have any UI or any data of its own, so it off-loads all of that to the background 1Password Helper. It would be nice if we can overlay a UI on top of the login page, so you can tell it which field is for which data, so 1Password can learn it and save the right data to fill automatically next time.

This discussion has been closed.