Cloud Store / Sync and Trouble with Filling Credit Card Info

Hi, I'm new to 1Password after using Roboform for many years.

1. 1Password appears to store passwords, identities, etc in a local encrypted file. Does it also store and sync in the cloud? Is cloud store / sync an optional feature, or not part of the 1Password approach at all? Please clarify.

2 . How do I fill a form with my credit card info? In both the Windows desktop app and the Chrome extension, I can see the credit card login (wallet entry) I created, but I don't see any command to actually fill the form. 1P does not prompt to fill the form, and there's no button to do so. How is it done?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

1Password appears to store passwords, identities, etc in a local encrypted file. Does it also store and sync in the cloud? Is cloud store / sync an optional feature, or not part of the 1Password approach at all? Please clarify.

@michaelnorth: If you purchase a standalone license for 1Password (rather than a subscription), you can sync the data yourself using Dropbox or Wi-Fi Sync.

How do I fill a form with my credit card info? In both the Windows desktop app and the Chrome extension, I can see the credit card login (wallet entry) I created, but I don't see any command to actually fill the form. 1P does not prompt to fill the form, and there's no button to do so. How is it done?

If you have a Credit Card item saved, you can access it using the 1Password 4's browser extension menu:

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for checking out 1Password! :)

• michaelnorth
    michaelnorth
    Community Member

Hi brenty,

Well, of course I found the browser extension menu, and I can see my wallet entry, but I cannot fill-in the form. There should a right-click action or something right?. I don't see any means to get the wallet data into the form.

• Hi @michaelnorth,

Once you open the 1Password extension, click on the credit card item itself and it should then fill your data in, this is assuming you're viewing a credit card form already in the browser tab. If the extension doesn't see any fields that belongs to the typical credit card form, it won't fill it.

This discussion has been closed.