Upgrading to families

Msbaker
Msbaker
Community Member

Hi I am going overseas for a few weeks and am worried what might happen if I loose my devices, how will I be able to
a. Find my passwords
b. Change the 1password password on my device if it's been stolen

Is it possible to upgrade to families for a short time and then go back to using my personal account?
Could you please step me through the process of upgrading to families and then after that, returning to my personal account on my iPad and iPhone.

Is there any other way to access my passwords and also change my password (without the actual device if it's stolen)? Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks Karen

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:Upgrade to families , kb:undefined, kb-search:Downgrade

Comments

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

@kfelder - you could sign up for the 30 day trial of 1Password Families. Would have 30 days of remote access via the web, continue syncing between devices, and it is free if your stay overseas is for 30 days or less. Even after the 30 days, your data remains online, but your ability to edit / add / remove is frozen.

After you sign up, you can see how to transfer your data via this support article. I am not sure if there is an article on how to move back to local / Dropbox sync however.

Edit: found that someone asked how to revert from a families to a personal license here and a guide was provided in the first reply.

• Msbaker
    Msbaker
    Community Member

Great Thankyou for that

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Msbaker

What cwanja suggests is probably your best shot as a safety net! If you're not planning to stick with families, then you will be better off copying your items into the family account instead of moving them. As another option, if you are currently syncing your devices via Dropbox you can always install the trial version of 1Password for free on any computer and set up syncing there.

I hope that you have an awesome trip! If there's anything else that we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

• Msbaker
    Msbaker
    Community Member

Hi thank you for the advice regarding copying the data instead of pasting. Hopefully that way I can go back to my original single version without issue. Also great idea regarding installing it on another computer if I really get stuck.. however if i lost my devices they may not let it be installed on a public computer.. thanks again Karen

ps do you know whether it is easy to revert back to my original single user version once I upgrade to families.. or if I have copied across the data, does my single version just stay separately as is?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi Karen ( @Msbaker )

You're very welcome! I hope that your trip goes great and all this conversation about losing devices stays hypothetical :chuffed: You are right, it might be hard to come by with a computer where you can install software, however it's always nice to know there is yet one more option out there, even if it's an annoying one!

If you only copy, and not move, your items from your local vaults into your Personal vaults, going back to the standalone version is ver easy. You only need to go to Preferences then Accounts and click on "Sign out" on your Mac, that's it! It's similarly easy on any other device that you have

This discussion has been closed.