No Matching Items Found (Firefox browser extension, Windows Beta)

madcap
madcap
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi guys

I use the browser extension on my Mac and I'm accustomed to logging onto sites by clicking on the browser extension icon and searching for the site in 1password (rather than going to the site directly in the browser bar and then clicking the browser extension icon for login details).

My colleague however has the Beta installed on her Windows machine. When we go to login to a site via the method above, all we get is "No matching items found, click to open 1password".

We're both using 1password for Teams.

Note - I have searched the forum and found answers relating to urls needing to be identical between browser and 1password, but does this pertain to the above use-case? I have double-checked a bunch of the urls to make sure they match. I use the browser extension to navigate to the site in the first place.

Does 1password on Windows not work in the way I use 1password on my Mac?

1Password Version: Windows 6 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @madcap it's not yet 1-1 match to 1Password for Mac, but we are working to make it more and more alike.

URL in item must match to the end of URL in browser in order for item to be allowed to fill. For example, items with site.com must work for account.site.com or mail.site.com in browser. But, item with www.site.com will not work today for profile.site.com in browser. We are working to improve URL matching as well as to add searching from the browser.

This discussion has been closed.