1Password (Dropbox) not Syncing between Home PC & Work Laptop [Resolved after checking paths]

Options
Ciwan
Ciwan
Community Member
edited July 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello

I am facing some issues with 1Password and I am not really sure how to fix or even investigate. Here is what you need to know.

Home PC

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (all updates installed as of 21 Jul 2016)
1Password: version 4.6.0.604

Work Laptop

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit (all updates installed as of 21 Jul 2016)
1Password: version 4.6.0.604

My vault is on Dropbox (as far as I know). Why aren't the new password entries being synced between the two?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Ciwan,

In most cases, we've found that Dropbox was not running or was having an issue. Once reinstalled, it works.

First, try to put a sample text file in the Dropbox folder and see if it shows up on the other computer. If it doesn't show up, reinstall Dropbox and see if that'll resolve the issue.

The other common reason is that you have two separate 1Password vaults in the Dropbox folder and 1Password on the both PC is looking at the different one. Open 1Password on both computers, unlock and go to the File Menu > Preferences > General. Make sure the path next to 1Password Vault is the same.

• Ciwan
    Ciwan
    Community Member
    Options

Thank You Mike!

I followed your advice in checking where the vault was sitting for each installation. It turns out the laptop installation was pointing at a vault in Downloads folder! Not Dropbox. I don't know how that would have happened, but at least things are syncing now that I've made sure both are pointing at the same vault.

I'll delete the other vault I had.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Ciwan,

I'm glad you got it working now. If there's anything else we can do to help, let us know.

• Ciwan
    Ciwan
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, nothing else at the moment. All is good :)

• MikeT
    Options

That's great to hear and you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.