Additional Categories

mheskin
mheskin
Community Member

Yesterday, Stephen Hackett did a nice post in the "6 Colours" newsletter regarding utilizing additional categories as well as saving files and information in 1 Password. It has prompted the following questions from me:

1. There is an available category for Social Security Number. I am Canadian, so I am wondering if you can add a category for Social Security number.

2. I also enabled the passport category. Is there a way to save a PDF copy of my passport to my new passport record.

Thanks in advance. I love your product and use it constantly on all my devices!

Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi Mike!

There is an available category for Social Security Number. I am Canadian, so I am wondering if you can add a category for Social Security number.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding, or if you mistyped, but I don't see a question here... We do already have a category for Social Security numbers.

We do not currently have plans to add more categories to the app, but we are looking into how we can make it such that it doesn't really matter what categories we include by default. Ideally it'd be possible for customers to create their own templates or import ones that others have created. I don't have any definite plans to announce on that front at this stage though. :)

I also enabled the passport category. Is there a way to save a PDF copy of my passport to my new passport record.

Yes, from either 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows:

Attach a file · 1Password 6 for Mac

I hope that helps!

Ben

• mheskin
    mheskin
    Community Member

Thank you Ben.

To clarify, there is a category available labelled "Social Security" for the SSN issued by the US government. I have a "Social Insurance Number" (or "SIN") issued by the Canadian government. I am wondering if Agile can add a new category labelled "Social Insurance Number" or perhaps alternatively if I can edit the le bel for SSN to SIN.

• Ah, thanks @mheskin. The categories currently in the app cannot be changed, at present, but this article may be of interest:

AgileBits Blog | Secure all the things in Secure Notes

Ben

This discussion has been closed.