Unable to edit 1Password entries on Windows

I am unable to easily edit 1Password entries on Windows.
This is easy, intuitive and simple on OSX and iOS. But almost impossible on Windows - the interface is so bad I find myself emailing password details to my MAC to change things which is a little mad. Is there any plan to sort this out?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:edit 1password entries in windows

Comments

• Hi @Tallchap,

Can you clarify the issue with the editing process? Is it because you can't find the username/password quickly to edit, adding custom fields and so on?

If yes, we're building a new version of 1Password on Windows that will be simple to use and more consistent with other 1Password apps.

• Tallchap
    Tallchap
    Community Member

I can't see any screen similar to those in OSX or iOS, and I can't see an edit button anywhere. I can't edit the strange entries at the bottom of the screen and don't know what some of them even mean. This leads me to suspect I am doing something really silly. The screens I see look very very old school - however I have checked and can confirm that I am on the latest version.

I can't see an online guide how to edit - only how to update entires by entering details in a browser, which doesn't allow me the control I need or that provided very well in OSX and iOS.

Please guide me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tallchap: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say. Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you using 1Password 4 or the new 1Password 6 beta? Also, could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance! :)

• Hi @Tallchap,

It sounds like you're using 1Password 4 for Windows, which doesn't have the same editing experience as we have on OS X and iOS. This will be redone in the next version of 1Password that we're working on right now.

For now, the edit button is the pencil icon on the toolbar of the details view:

You can also right-click on the item in the item list to select Edit.

The data you see below the Web form details can be ignored, these are used by the 1Password extension to help with filling your data in. In the next version of 1Password, these data will be hidden by default.

In the editor:

The bottom table shows the fields next to their value. The designation tells you the row type, username means this is the username row and the value column tells you the value assigned to that row. In this case, wendy.h.appleseed.. is the username that will be filled into the site where the field name is email.

Does that help a bit?

This discussion has been closed.