I just got a new MacBook and I'm having issues licensing my 1Password software.

I just bought a new MacBook and 1Password is asking me to load a file whenever I attempt to add a new license. I purchased a license for 1Password 3 and was told I could use that when I got me new MacBook. Any ideas how I can register my software?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't license software on my mac

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nostar: Sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to use an old 1Password 3 license with 1Password 6 on your new MacBook. That won't work, as 1Password 6 uses a newer license file...but the good news is that all you need to do is follow the instructions in the license email you received from your purchase and click the link to automatically install the license in 1Password to register the app and remove the trial restrictions. In that spirit, I've also resent your license information via email. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• nostar
    nostar
    Community Member

@brenty: Perfect, thanks for your help. All setup and ready to go!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.