How can I get 1PW to work again?? Just says Connecting 1,2,3,4....

I have a Mac powerbook running 10.9.5
1PW = 3.8.18
Safari = 9.1.1
Extension seems to be 3.9.20 (new download)

About a month ago, 1PW quit working. Any time I try to start from safari, it just says "Connecting" and counts up from 1.2.3... forever.
I tried downloading new version of 1PW. That won't work (see previous post).
I tried uninstalling the extension, going to the web site and downloading a new extension and reinstalling. No luck.
Problem may be version of 1PW vs. versions of the extension? But I don't see any other options on the site to download. What a pain in the butt. Can't believe I have wasted so many hours on this.

This version incompatibility issue is a real problem with computer software. Drives everyone crazy. Can't SOMEONE fix this thing!?!?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, ug:mac/, kb:undefined, kb-search:connecting

Comments

• wa4gvm
    wa4gvm
    Community Member

I have a Mac powerbook, running 10.9.5, running 3.8.18 of 1PW.
    Using Safari 9.1.1
    When I check for updates > download update, it tries to install 3.8.22
    I get: "error occurred while extracting update..." all the time.

Any ideas?
    Do I need to remove something first?
    I tried it after a reboot, quitting other programs, etc. No luck.

1Password Version: 3.8.19
    Extension Version: 3.9.20??
    OS Version: 10.9.5
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: kb:undefined, ug:mac/, kb:undefined, kb-search:connecting

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wa4gvm,

When I check for updates > download update, it tries to install 3.8.22

I get: "error occurred while extracting update..." all the time.

Please try this:

1. Drag your 1Password application to the Trash. DO NOT use an app cleaner such as App Zapper or Clean My Mac to remove the app as this could also remove your data.
    2. Restart your Mac.
    3. Go to our downloads page and download a fresh copy of the app.
    4. Move 1Password to your /Applications folder.

This should ensure that you are running the latest version of 1Password 3. It’s important to note that there have been several updates to 1Password since version 3, and the newer version of the app will run more smoothly in the operating system that you’re using. If you’re interested in upgrading, you can enter your current license details on our upgrade page to see the discount you get on a new license!

I tried uninstalling the extension, going to the web site and downloading a new extension and reinstalling. No luck.

Have you restarted your computer after downloading and installing the new extension? Your version information indicates you are using the correct version of the extension for the version of the app that you have installed. Sometimes a restart can get everything working smoothly together.

This discussion has been closed.