Syncing Mac and Android

QQBoy
QQBoy
Community Member

Installed 1Password on MacBook OSX with Familes. All good.
Installed 1Password on iPad ios using QR code. All good.
Downloaded 1Password on Android. Asks me to sync with either 1. Drop Box, 2. Wireless, or 3. Local. Problem.
These options of wireless or syncing do not exist in the latest version (6) of 1Password installed on the Mac.
Please help so I can use the QR code from the Android?
PS I have a drop box account.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @QQBoy , If you purchased 1Password for Families, your Dropbox account becomes redundant – your data is synchronised with the AgileBits server.
    When setting up 1Password for Android, one of the first questions you are asked is "Account". This pertains to your Families account. If you missed the Families Login, you will need to reset your app:
    • Go into your device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data" Please keep in mind that this will erase all data from 1Password on your Android.
    Migrating your data is described here

I hope this helps, but there's always someone around, if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@QQBoy: And just to clarify, 1Password for Android does not yet have a "1Password Teams/Families-only" mode right now. You'll need to setup a local vault in the app and then login to your 1Password Account. You can then ignore the Primary vault and just use those. I hope this helps! :)

• QQBoy
    QQBoy
    Community Member

Awesome! Done. Thanks guys.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@QQBoy, on behalf of rjh and Brenty you are very welcome! If there is anything else we can assist you with - fire away, we are here to help! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.