Cannot seem to login to Iphone 1password app with existing account

StormDjinn
StormDjinn
Community Member

I have a new phone, (iphone SE)! I have an existing account that i use often on my previous phone (Android) and my computer (PC) ((I'm running the most up to date version - 4.6.0.604)

I have dropbox working on my phone and computer, so i should be able to sync it up quite easily! The options i can see when using the iphone app (version 6.4.3) are:

1. "Use without an account" <-- This obviously does not apply to me! I already have an account.
  2. "Sign into 1password account - "for families and teams" <--- I'm a member of a 'families'! This sounds like where i belong!

So after doing so, i can either scan a QR code that i don't know where to find, or sign in manually. I try to sign in manually! it asks me for the following things:

A. "Team Url" <---- I don't know what this is refering to, it doesn't apply to me... I'll leave it blank! :D
B. "Account Key" <--- I don't know what this is, and i've never seen if before, but apparently it's on my account profile. I was unable to find my account profile in the computer version of 1password.
C. "Email Address" <--- I entered my password here, but it proved ineffective. Searching the agilebits site, and after an email or two to myself I am told the following:
"We couldn't find a 1password account registered with your email address... we only check to see if your email is registered with an account for 1password Teams or 1password families" <-- I don't use "teams" and i guess i don't use "families". Turns out my email is not registered, so i have no idea what should go in here
D. "Master Password" <--- This is an easy one! I know this! I use it everyday on my computer!

So looking at points B and C, i am left with only one answer on the entire form that i know the answer to. How should i proceed?

TLDR; Where can i find my account key? Additionally, my email address isn't registered (apparently), so i don't know how to sync my iphone with an existing account.

Quick Note - this is probably more information then you need. I'd rather give more than needed than only give some information and still have an issue.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Arguably the wording used by AgileBits is confusing.

You do not have an account, as this applies only to 1PW for Teams/Families. You have a licenced application. This means that your B, C, D are irrelevant, as is your reference to an account key.

With the stand-alone version, you Use Without an Account, and everything should go smoothly from there. You will, of course, have to set up Dropbox sync.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @StormDjinn

Congratulations on the new iPhone, they are amazing! I'm sorry about the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it works. You only have an account, and therefore an account key if you have a 1Password Families subscription. In this case your data is stored on our servers and therefore available everywhere. In this case, the latest version of all the apps is included. What you have is a standalone license, this means that your data is stored locally and you need to set up syncing by yourself. This will help you see the differences between them: https://1password.com/pricing/ You have the one on the right.

What you need to do then is tap on "Use without an account", and the very next step will prompt you to set up syncing. You can pick Dropbox Sync and set it up following the instructions here: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/#dropbox

I hope this clears things up, but if you bump into any more trouble just let us know! :chuffed:

• StormDjinn
    StormDjinn
    Community Member

Yes! I was able to get it set up! I just had to go down the menu of "Use without an account", and have it sync with dropbox (already on my phone). Thanks for the help! I'm continuously satisfied with my one password service.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @StormDjinn,

I’m so glad to hear that Pilar’s advice helped get you sorted out - thanks so much for letting us know!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.