I'm trying to work out if switching to families will be beneficial/more convenient to me. Help?

Glenn Broadway
Glenn Broadway
Community Member

Question for AgileBits: I've been using 1Password for quite a while now, and recently my son started using it. There are six people in my family and I would like to get them all switched over. I currently use the iOS and Mac (v6.3.1, non-AppStore) apps, and the browser plugins on Mac. My son uses just the iOS app at present. We use a variety of Macs and PCs and iOS devices in our family. I'm trying to work out what would be the best way to switch everyone and obviously I was drawn to your new Family plan. Can you explain if you think this is our best option and let me know why I should commit to a subscription rather than just using paid apps? I know this is a bit vague but I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision. Thanks, Glenn.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Glenn Broadway: Great question! Given the size of your family, it certainly sounds beneficial. Otherwise, you'll be purchasing the apps for each family member on multiple platforms. Now, perhaps you've already done that, but 1Password Families has some other big benefits:

• Easy device setup: you just login
    • Automatic sync: again, you just need to login to your account
    • Simple sharing between family members

While 1Password Families includes 5 members for the base price, you can pay for each additional member...but you also get 2 guests included, and this may be a better option for children, depending on their age. A full member gets their own Personal vault, access to Shared, and any other vaults you add them to. But a Guest only has access to a single vault you share with them, so it's good for situations where you need to be able to manage their data.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.