Converting from Family Account to Personal Account

Options
andrewcallahan
andrewcallahan
Community Member

I activated a trial of 1password and decided to buy the permanent personal license, but now I'm being notified that I still have a family account and it's frozen. How do I switch from my frozen family account to the personal account I bought? I only have any passwords saved in my personal vault so I don't think I'll lose anything by switching from family to personal.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @andrewcallahan ,
    Good to see that you've opted to purchase a personal license for 1Password. I can understand that Families doesn't work for everybody.

When your Families account is frozen, you will not lose any of the data it contains **you can still view all your items, copy your passwords, and even copy items to vaults outside your Families account. **
    But you will not be able to:

• Add new items to vaults
    • Edit items in your vaults
    • Invite people to your family or team
    • Fill items in your browser from the Families vaults

Should you wish to copy/move data from your Families vaults to your primary 1Password vault (so that you can update/edit them at a later date):

• Go to the menu in the top left corner of 1Password 'All Vaults'

• Move your mouse down over [one of] the vault below the flag and activate it
    • Mark the items that you wish to copy/move (command+a for all) and either right-click/control-click or go to the Edit Menu > Share

• Choose the vault that you wish to copy/move the items to e.g. 'Primary'
    • Click either copy or move

You will be asked if you wish to complete this action.

If, at a later date, you decide to take advantage of 1Password Families after all, you can renew your account at any time by following these instructions.

Hope this helps, but there's always someone around to answer further questions …

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @andrewcallahan

I think rjh has given you a pretty good walkthrough on how to get this figured out. I just want to add that, when you're done with following those steps you can also delete the account from the 1Password app. You only have to go to Preferences in 1Password, Accounts and then "Sign out". This way 1Password will only be using your license.

Please let us know if everything goes well for you and if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• andrewcallahan
    andrewcallahan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot for your help, this worked for me!

• Ben
    Options

You're most welcome, @andrewcallahan!

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.