Vault icons and colors

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@Megan If I am allowed to ask how did you set the vault icon for the Badvault? Because it's a local Vault and I thought those don't have icons.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ntimo,

When creating a new vault in 1Password for Mac you can select an icon, color, and name for it. The second step in the Create a new vault guide has an example. :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

@sik Wouldn't it be nice to be able to set the color for 1Password for Teams Vaults too? Or let me better say how to do this? Because some Vaults like the Customer Support vault have a edited color. Or was this cheating in the database? ;)

• @ntimo,

You can set an image for the vault icon under the Admin Console > Vaults and then select the vault you want to change. You'll see an edit banner across the current icon. Clicking on that will allow you to upload an image.

Thanks!

Ben

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Hi @Ben,

Yes I know how I can change the vault icon. But the blue ring around this icon. How can I change the colour of that one? So for example in the image posted above by @Megan in the Agilebits Teams Vault there is an Vault named Design for example witch has a yellow colored ring. Here is an image so you can see the yellow colored ring:

Thx
    Timo :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@ntimo,

It was possible in early betas, but for some reason that was removed. I'll make sure the devs know you would like to see it come back. :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@khad thanks, now I understand :) I would truly love this feature especially because I have a log of red icons so I could make it look a loot better.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

For sure! Color helps quickly distinguish similar-looking things at a glance. :+1:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@khad actually why was it removed? :( This would be just to say it again such a great and amazing feature.

• I honestly don't know the answer to that. It was only available during beta, so perhaps there was a bug with it that caused problems, and rather than invest the time at that point to fix it, it was removed? That is strictly a guess.

Hopefully now that the stable release is out we can focus some efforts on features like that.

Ben

• peet1
    peet1
    Community Member

@ben @khad Has there been any movement in returning this feature. Silly me, I saw images like the one from @ntimo and thought it was supported. The field of blue is rather maddening.

Thanks.Peet

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@peet1,

I don't have anything new to report at this time, but I've added your vote. :)

• peet1
    peet1
    Community Member

@khad Does Agilebits have an ideascsale or the like for feature requests?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@peet1,

The best way to request features is directly to us either in the forum (just like you are) or on Twitter (if it's a succinct request). You can also email us any time: support@1password.com

This discussion has been closed.