Suggestion (Standalone Extensions)

I'd love to be able to install an extension, connect it to Dropbox, and be done. That would also clear several problems with the Wine solution on Linux.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SebastianRasor01,

I don't know what the future might bring but if I were to hazard a guess I'd say if there was to be a standalone extension at all it would support 1Password Teams/Families. Even then there are issues to overcome. The filling logic is all contained within the client application, the current extension merely acts as a conduit for information to be passed backwards and forwards. It also currently has no User Interface (UI), any time anybody thinks they're interacting with the extension they are in fact interacting with either 1Password mini (on the Mac) or 1Password helper (on Windows). At least one of the reasons for doing so was to minimise the impact on the browser by offloading as much as possible.

For now the extension will require the client application. That does unfortunately means all the usual hurdles known to those passionate about linux.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Thanks @littlebobbytables! Are the personal 1Password accounts part of Teams/Families? I signed up for it to see how it was.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SebastianRasor01: Individual 1Password Accounts are not part of 1Password Families/Teams per se, but it's the same underlying technology (with a few limitations, given that there's no one to share with). Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.