Unable to do initial Wi-Fi sync on setup from Android to Mac

icl
icl
Community Member
edited July 2016 in Android

Hello,
I installed the 1Password Android app on my Huawei P9 Lite phone running Android 6.0. My Mac is running OS X 10.11.5.
In the setup, I choose "Already have 1Password Data somewhere else?", and then "Wi-Fi Sync". On my Mac, the "Run a Wi-Fi Server" box is ticked. The Android app then gets stuck on "Looking for 1Password on your network".
I have tried with both Apple and Little Snitch firewalls disabled, as well as Sophos Antivirus disabled.
There are no firewalls or antivirus apps on the Android.

I should mention that Wi-Fi sync works fine from my iPad with firewalls and antivirus running.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,
iason

1Password Version: Android: 6.3.3; Mac: 6.3.1; iPad: 6.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• Hey @icl. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

--Mac--
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• icl
    icl
    Community Member

Hi Peri,
    Thank you for the quick reply!
    I have created the diagnostic report and emailed it to you.

Kind Regards,
    iason

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@icl: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: LET-75693-767

• icl
    icl
    Community Member

Thanks!

• :+1:

• shane.aldrich
    shane.aldrich
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. I've been syncing for quite a while until yesterday. Suddenly it wouldn't work. I uninstalled the Android app and reinstalled it. Stuck on the initial sync. I am going to email a diagnostics report.

Thanks!

• peri
    edited July 2016

Thanks for reporting this issue, @shane.aldrich. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your Mac:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?android

---Mac---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• shane.aldrich
    shane.aldrich
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

@peri I can't get a diagnostic report from Android due to the fact it won't do the initial sync. Any other way to accomplish this?

Also, I already sent the Mac diagnostic report to support+forum@agilebits.com

• peri
    edited July 2016

That's fine, @shane.aldrich. I should have realized that would be the case from your initial post. Could you please go ahead and send the report from your computer? I'll take a look for antivirus software, firewalls, or any errors might show why 1Password on Android can't connect. :)

• shane.aldrich
    shane.aldrich
    Community Member

@peri Did you receive my email?

• I haven't seen any emails from the address you have listed here. Did you receive an autoreply with the ticket number? If not, could you please try sending the report again? Thanks!

• shane.aldrich
    shane.aldrich
    Community Member

What is the best email to use? I sent it to support+forum@agilebits.com

Should I use the one for Android? Is there one for Mac?

• peri
    edited July 2016

@shane.aldrich It looks like you have the right address and support+forum@agilebits.com will come to us indeed. However, I'm not seeing any recent emails from you at all. Can you go ahead and try sending it to support+android@agilebits.com instead? You should get an autoreply with a support ticket ID shortly after, and if you could post that here I'll be able to find the report. Thanks!

• shane.aldrich
    shane.aldrich
    Community Member

I'm not sure what's going on. I still haven't received an autoreply or a support ticket ID.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@shane.aldrich: Definitely check your spam/junk folder, as some folks report that it ends up there for some reason. The Support ID will be in the autoreply, and it will be from AgileBits Support <support@1Password.com>. Adding that to your email filters as "allowed" or something similar will prevent you from missing further emails from us, and it doesn't hurt to send another after you've set that up, just in case it was being blocked from being sent at all on your end. Let me know what you find!

• shane.aldrich
    shane.aldrich
    Community Member

@brenty it's not in my spam folder either. I checked that yesterday and this morning. Still nothing.

• peri
    edited July 2016

@shane.aldrich Can you try sending an email without a diagnostics report to support+android@agilebits.com? I'll reply to your email, and we can see if you can attach the report in a reply. Thanks!

• shane.aldrich
    shane.aldrich
    Community Member

Just sent it.

• shane.aldrich
    shane.aldrich
    Community Member

OK. I just got an autoreply with support ID #XTA-99322-893

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, yep! I see we've received your email, so we'll continue the conversation there to avoid confusion. :)

ref: XTA-99322-893

This discussion has been closed.