My Mac is crashing when using 1password safari plugin

fredericd
fredericd
Community Member

Hi all.

I got a problem when using the safari plugin for 1password : when i type an invalid password to unlock my passwords, the second time i enter the password my mac reboots.

Anyone face this issue?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.8 (safari)
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• pattidamiani
    pattidamiani
    Community Member

when I open Safari, need to enter password on 1Password extension, it gives error that is is incorrect. I then go to the main app and try and it does the same, then freezes computer, then shuts down. This has happened 5 times recently. I do not have several tabs open, I just am opening Safari. I have most recent updates on the app as well as the OS.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.1 (631006) AgileBits Store
    Extension Version: 4.5.7
    OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Crashing Mac when entering password on safari extension

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fredericd,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry you're having some trouble.

That is quite a strange problem indeed! I'm not sure how that would even be possible, so you certainly have me intrigued. I'm sure we can get it sorted out.

• Can you list the exact steps? For example, do you mean two incorrect Master Password attempts to unlock 1Password in Safari? Or is the second attempt an otherwise successful one (system restart notwithstanding)? Or aren't you sure since your Mac restarts?
    • Is the problem 100% reproducible? Or does it only happen sometimes when you follow the steps I'm hoping you will be able to provide?

Next time your Mac restarts due to the issue, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac. Do it a soon as possible after the issue occurs.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pattidamiani,

I'm sorry you're having this problem as well. I merged your post with this existing discussion as it sounds like the same problem to me. Could you read my post above and let me know the answers to those same questions and email us a Diagnostics Report from your own Mac?

Two reports should allow us to more clearly see any commonalities that exist in both instances.

• fredericd
    fredericd
    Community Member

OK all. I just sent the report (ID : [#VFH-44976-257]).

I just notice that the problem occurs when i'm on a webpage that need some password from the plugin (such as amazon). There is no problem when i'm on a "standard" page. I can reproduce it each time by following the steps:
    1- browse to a page that needs some authentication
    2- enter an invalid master password
    3- re-enter an invalid master password. At this step, the computer freeze 1 or 2 seconds, and then reboot :(

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fredericd,

We've received your diagnostic report -- thanks for sending it in! We'll continue the conversation with you through email so we're not getting support wires crossed between here and there. :)

ref: VFH-44976-257

This discussion has been closed.