I cannot see my passwords in my online account, why not?

Options
vdumont
vdumont
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I cannot see my passwords in my online account, but they all display in Windows desktop app.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: don't know
Referrer: forum-search:i cannot see my passwords in my online account

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @vdumont,

Do you mean your 1Password.com account?

1Password 4 for Windows does not support 1Password.com accounts, the data in 1Password 4 are local vault files that needs to be migrated to your vaults stored in your 1Password.com account using 1Password 6 Beta for Windows for the moment.

I would suggest waiting for us to ship the stable update for 1Password 6 next month or if you want to do it now, let us know and we'll explain the best process for moving the data.

• vdumont
    vdumont
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it is 1password.com account, good to know it doesn't work, but your support site says easy access on all devices with 1password account, which is a bit misleading. I was able to scan the qr code to get access on my android phone which is good but the 1password beta 6 I downloaded on a second windows laptop doesn't give me access either. I'll try the importing option then. What is the best way to sync. I don't like the idea of also putting my passwords on Dropbox. Thanks

• MikeT
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @vdumont,

I've moved your thread to our Windows Beta forum since you need to be using 1Password 6 Beta.

Once you move your local 1Password data to your 1Password account, then it is easy to access from all 1Password apps that is connected to your 1Password account. As long as the data remains outside of it, it is not accessible, we can only hold the data we know about.

To import your data, here's how:

1. Open 1Password 4, unlock and go to the File Menu > Export, select the 1Password Interchange File format and set it to All items.
    2. Save the export file in a safe place, don't store it in any cloud folders.
    3. Open 1Password 6 Beta, sign in to your 1Password Account, unlock and click on Settings on top right to select Import.
    4. Select the vault you want to import the data into and then select the 1PIF export file you exported in step 2.

Once the data is imported correctly, delete the 1PIF export file and empty the trash.

You should now be all set to see that data in all 1Password apps that is signed in to your 1Password.com account.

• vdumont
    vdumont
    Community Member
    Options

Okay thanks, I had completed what you described above, but was not sure why the login option on the right says [image attached] 1Password "For Teams and Families" when I am an individual. Also, when I chose the "Teams and Families" login option, I had to login with either the QR code copied image or all of the information from the emergency kit sign in information, instead of just logging in with my master passcode. It does work, just not easily. Thanks for your help.

1p.JPG 51.1K
  • MikeT
    Options

Hi @vdumont,

We haven't updated the app to reflect the new Individual plan which hasn't been officially announced yet. This will be addressed in an update soon and 1Password on other apps will be updated in due time as well.

Also, when I chose the "Teams and Families" login option, I had to login with either the QR code copied image or all of the information from the emergency kit sign in information, instead of just logging in with my master passcode.

That is intentional. You cannot initially sign in to your 1Password Account without the account key, the account key is used to authorize the device with your 1Password account.

Once you sign in, you will only need to unlock with your master password, the account key will be encrypted within the database.

This discussion has been closed.