Should 1Password fill in the trip advisor login popup?

Should 1Password fill in the trip advisor login popup? I have the latest Mac o/s and Safari w your extension. 1Password will login to TripAdvisor when I use the logins feature, but not when I go to the TA address and get a login popup.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: LAN
Referrer: forum-search:will not fill trip advisor login popup.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wnlight,

I'll move this thread to the "Saving and filling in browsers" category so the right people will be able to see it and help you better. I've tried to replicate your issue by following the next steps: go to the link https://www.tripadvisor.com, click on "Log in" and I get a pop-up. Click on the entry I created for the page in 1Password. 1Password fills it in and works as expected for me. Could you please tell us if there's anything different here from what you're experiencing? What exactly happens when you try to use 1Password with the login pop-up?

I hope to hear back from you so we can get this sorted out! :chuffed:

• RichardPlatt
    RichardPlatt
    Community Member

I have this problem as well. On the tripAdvisor.co.uk website the login form appears as a pop-up. I have my tripAdvisor login stored in OnePassword, but when I click the 1P icon, TripAdvisor is not offered as the default login. I can find it if I type "Trip" into the search box, but if I then double-click on the TA icon in 1P, the UserName and Password fields on the TA pop-up are not filled in. I am getting the same behaviour in both Safari and Firefox on a desktop Mac, and on an iPhone in Safari

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

Hi @wnlight & @RichardPlatt,

I would be curious to know what you find if you try creating a new Login item using the steps outlined in How to save a Login manually in your browser. Does this new Login item work any better for you?

I'm seeing the username being filled into an additional field (which we don't want) but with my first attempt in Vivaldi it seemed to try and log into tripadvisor, failing because I wasn't using real data. With Safari it seemed to require two filling attempts as it got fixated on the newsletter field on the first attempt.

So there's work to be done here but it seemed like we will fill. I'll be curious to learn what you find based on this information and if your experiences mirror mine.

ref: BRAIN-289

• RichardPlatt
    RichardPlatt
    Community Member

Briliant. Thanks. This was really prompt advice! This method worked fine in Firefox

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RichardPlatt

On behalf of littlebobbytables, You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that it helped and it's all working now. If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

• RichardPlatt
    RichardPlatt
    Community Member

If Microsoft's customer support was as good as this, I might even be tempted to use their ghastly software!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RichardPlatt,

Thank you for the kind words (that made me smile) and that last comment (which made me laugh). We still have work to do to improve compatibility here but at least this means you can log in using 1Password while we fine tune things in the background.

If you come across any other problematic sites please let us know!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wnlight,

I don't know if you're going to get notification of this mention as we seem to have received a mail failure based on the email address you registered with. Hopefully you either get this one or you just happen to pop in to see if there has been any response.

This discussion has been closed.