Things constantly not working right with this software.

One by one your program slowly stops working with various logins as they change the way their login pages work.

Sometimes your program just stops working on login pages that haven't changed at all.

In fact I've grown exhausted with how many problems this software has on a weekly, monthly, sometimes daily basis.

Every day that I use this software, something doesn't work right. Your app closing ("click" noise) while im just browsing the web. Your app refusing to run when I click the icon in Firefox, until I've closed Firefox and reopened it. A massive pile of wrong bookmarked passwords in the dropdown list on login screens. Countless other random, sporadic failures of the app requiring me to restart, etc.

I've posted about this before only to see more versions come out and no improvement whatsoever.

I run a forum on my own site, and my own admin logon to this forum no longer works. As of today. It simply doesn't populate the fields anymore.

How can I help you guys improve your software, because leaving it to your team isnt working?

I need this logon to work. We can start there. Its XenForo standard popup login. We haven't upgraded anything or changed anything. Your software just stopped working with it.

If I sound like I have a bad attitude, I do. Look at my posting history. Has it been more than a year that I've reported these same things? Are we almost to two years yet?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@AgileBurger I'm sorry you are having these problems. Let us start with the XenForo login, and then take it from there.

Not having a XenForo login item, I decided to follow these steps:

1. Start Chrome 52 (running 1Password 4.5.8.2)
    2. Navigate to https://xenforo.com/customers/
    3. Enter a (bogus) username and password
    4. Click on: Log in
    5. Result: the 1Password Auto-Save dialog appears. Click on: Save.

I now decided to test-drive the newly created Login item:

1. Re-start Chrome
    2. Navigate to https://xenforo.com/customers/
    3. Click on the 1Password button
    4. Click on the XenForo Login item
    5. Result: 1Password fills the username and password, and then submits the login.

So far so good. I'm guessing your steps might be different, or you're running another web browser maybe. Please let me know. I would love to reproduce your problem. Thanks!

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member

Well first problem is that I said I was using Firefox.

So testing the whole thing in Chrome wouldn't help much.

Try the test again using Firefox, and here https://www.hairlosstalk.com

Also keep another thing in mind: I already stated that this was working. Has been working for a long time. But as with many things in this software, things just start breaking. This just broke one day. For me. Maybe not for anyone else. But now as the admin of my own forums, I can't use 1Password to log in there.

So even if your test works, that won't technically address my issue.

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member

Well first problem is that I said I was using Firefox.

So testing the whole thing in Chrome wouldn't help much.

Try the test again using Firefox, and here https://www.hairlosstalk.com

Also keep another thing in mind: I already stated that this was working. Has been working for a long time. But as with many things in this software, things just start breaking. This just broke one day. For me. Maybe not for anyone else. But now as the admin of my own forums, I can't use 1Password to log in there.

So even if your test works, that won't technically address my issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

@AgileBurger: I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble. svanas was just trying to help, so I don't think it's fair to take out your frustration on him — or anyone, really. :(

Regarding the login issues you're experiencing, let's see what we can do to to sort those out. First, this was the URL I found for logging in. Let me know if you're using something different:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/

I tested this in Chrome as well, and svanas is right that it works there, so at least that's a workaround. I was a little surprised by that given the nature of this "popup" login form. But while 1Password can't open the popup for you, it seems to handle saving and filling well.

However, in Firefox 1Password doesn't seem to recognize that this is a login form at all. Both saving and filling do not work. I've filed a report for this so we can see what needs to be fixed. But in the mean time, you can use another browser or the previous version (4.5.7) of the extension, which appears not to suffer from this problem:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4#4050790

Thanks for reporting this!

ref: OPX-1216

On the other hand, I didn't have any trouble saving or filling at https://xenforo.com/customers/ as svanas described in either Chrome or Firefox. Can you give the the exact steps you're taking there and what's happening?

And please give me more details about the other issues you're experiencing. A screenshot may help. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance! :)

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

_"On the other hand, I didn't have any trouble saving or filling at https://xenforo.com/customers/ as svanas described in either Chrome or Firefox.

Can you give the the exact steps you're taking there and what's happening?"_

? I haven't said that I am using that site, nor that I am having problems there. I provided the URL (which you accurately fixed for me - sorry for leaving off the directory name but you were right /interact/).

Please note though - both comparison site tests have been run on an install of XenForo that doesn't match mine. This means you're testing on a different set of code. Best to run a comparison on a XenForo installation that is using the same theme that I use. Like this one: http://audentio.com/demo/xf/index.php?forums/main-forum.2/

As for the other problems? They are so random and intermittent that I wouldn't know how to begin documenting them. But Ill start trying.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

? I haven't said that I am using that site, nor that I am having problems there. I provided the URL (which you accurately fixed for me - sorry for leaving off the directory name but you were right /interact/).

@AgileBurger: I'm really sorry if I misunderstood. This is where I got that idea from:

I need this logon to work. We can start there. Its XenForo standard popup login. We haven't upgraded anything or changed anything. Your software just stopped working with it.

Please let me know if it's relevant! As for other issues you experience, just let us know as they arise and we'll be happy to investigate. Thanks again for bringing up the other login issue. Hopefully we'll be able to address that in an extension update!

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member

You're right, sorry about that. When I said "standard" I meant that we had not customized or modified the code surrounding the login function. Whereas we did modify and customize other aspects of the forum install. I did not mean "Please use the xenforo.com forum to run the test".

Please try running the tests using Firefox and the URL provided.

Also - if it works, I don't know how we would proceed, because it did work with this install of XF. It just randomly stopped working recently. If that's due to a recent 1Password update then we might be able to identify the issue. But if it just broke or randomly started acting different (as things often do with this software), then I don't know how to proceed. I'll leave that up to you guys.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

@AgileBurger: Sorry for the confusion! As I mentioned above,

However, in Firefox 1Password doesn't seem to recognize that this is a login form at all. Both saving and filling do not work. I've filed a report for this so we can see what needs to be fixed. But in the mean time, you can use another browser or the previous version (4.5.7) of the extension, which appears not to suffer from this problem: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4#4050790

Did you try either workaround (using a different browser, or the previous extension)? Let me know if that helps!

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

"However, in Firefox 1Password doesn't seem to recognize that this is a login form at all. "

I saw you wrote that but I was getting confused because of all the testing locations going on. Was that your finding after running the test on my forums or the XF Support Forums?

Still curious what you'll find if you run it on the UIX Forums (link above). Can you give it a go?

The part that isn't making sense is that 1Password actually did recognize it as a login form on my site for several weeks. Then one day just stopped working. Or maybe that's why the previous version of 1P works.

As for the workarounds: both will likely work but I was just going to wait for the next 1P update. Im stuck with my Firefox, and don't want to deal with uninstalling and reinstalling or downgrading I guess. I love that you guys are here to jump on anything that stops working though, and try to figure it out - thank you for that.

• Hi @AgileBurger,

I believe we may have fixed this in the latest extension beta update. Would you be willing to test it for us?

If yes, here's how to update to the latest beta:

1. Open Firefox, go to this page: http://www.agilebits.com/browsers/index.html
    2. Click on Enable Betas below the green button
    3. Click on Install and after installing it, restart Firefox

See if 1Password will now save and fill properly for you.

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member

Yes will test now.

By the way - eBay isnt working for me. I don't know if its something about the URL or not. In this case I viewed a product listing, scrolled to the bottom of the page, and clicked 'Ask a Question'. Every product listing has this link. It prompted me to log in, and when I click on "ebay" in my 1Password dropdown (firefox) nothing happens. Here's the URL

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=1&pUserId=&co_partnerId=2&siteid=0&ru=http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ShowSellerFAQ&_trksid=p2047675.l1499&frm=284&rt=nc&iid=302024220936&ssPageName=PageSellerM2MFAQ_VI&&redirect=0&requested=dealsrus365&guest=1&pageType=4901

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member

Forum logon works again. Thank you.

• Hi @AgileBurger,

That's great, thanks for confirming that for us.

Is that also true with ebay? I'm not able to reproduce it on eBay's login page nor your custom URL either.

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member

@MikeT - yes. Just tried by going to ebay home page and it wont work there either. Like I said the only consistent thing I've seen with 1Password is that it constantly breaks, even after it has been working. That's my big mantra here lol ...

So here's a video of it. Firefox again. I noticed the URL is a little odd saved in 1Password but not sure that matters, because it is showing the ebay item in the 1Password firefox dropdown. So it knows its on the ebay login page.

Here: https://youtu.be/MepyACHRnc0

PS: How do I delete the pile of incorrect items in the dropdown? The ebay one doesn't show it but for some of my other logins there are over 10 wrong items in the dropdown. Even though NONE of them are associated with the URL I am currently looking at.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BiggieBoy: Ah yes. Sorry for the trouble! I don't recall exactly when, but eBay changed their login form (and also the PayPal login process on the site) recently, and that's where you're running into this problem. There's nothing 1Password can do to prevent websites from changing over time, but manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to help it fill. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

PS: How do I delete the pile of incorrect items in the dropdown? The ebay one doesn't show it but for some of my other logins there are over 10 wrong items in the dropdown. Even though NONE of them are associated with the URL I am currently looking at.

Can you tell me what dropdown/pile of items you're referring to? In the video I only see a single eBay login item listed in 1Password the you're at eBay.com. Let me know!

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member

@MikeT @brenty

Please see this 1 minute clip regarding:

1) Logins piling up associated with a totally unrelated URL
    2) Quickbooks online no longer working

https://youtu.be/mWaI01j9f5U

• Hey @AgileBurger,

Thanks for reporting these issues. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with the forum page. This seems to be a regular Wordpress installation and auto-save and filling worked for me.

Interestingly, Neither saving nor filling worked on the Quickbooks site in Firefox. I've checked Chrome and Internet Explorer and there it worked as expected. It seems Quickbooks is doing something special or wrong in Firefox. I've informed our extension developers about it.

Thank you again for your diligent feedback! Keep it coming :)

Alex

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

"I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with the forum page. This seems to be a regular Wordpress installation and auto-save and filling worked for me."

Sigh ......... no.

First off, I said this:

"1) Logins piling up associated with a totally unrelated URL"

That was the problem. Nothing to do with auto-save and filling.

Secondly, its important that you read previous messages in this thread first.

I will repeat what's already been covered:

This is happening on my computer, with my install of 1Password. They tend to "pile up" like this even though they are not even related to the URL I am currently viewing.

As you can see if you looked above, someone asked me to clarify what I meant.

So I made a video.

Apparently both (1) text and (2) a video and (3) "context" wasn't sufficient.

This isn't something you would see on your end or be able to reproduce.

When new support people pop into a thread that 2-3 other support ppl were already handling, this sometimes happens.

That's why I specifically tagged @MikeT and @brenty

Had a feeling this exact thing would happen.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016

@AgileBurger: I guess I'm as confused as Alex then. I thought his reply made sense! Sorry for the misunderstanding. :(

I think this may be where Alex and I are getting hung up:

"1) Logins piling up associated with a totally unrelated URL"

The "piling up" part throws me off, and I'm not sure how critical that is. I may be fixating one something unimportant, but be sure to let me know either way. What I do understand though is that "unrelated URL" issue. We definitely don't want to have 1Password confusing different URLs.

Would you be able to provide the specific URLs where you're having this issue? If you don't want to post them in public, I understand completely. And actually at this point I think email might be a better option anyway for troubleshooting extension issues so the development team can investigate as well. Please shoot us an email at support+extension@agilebits.com with as much detail as you can. Also be sure to include a link to this discussion for...well, for context. We'll get to the bottom of this!

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

"The "piling up" part throws me off, and I'm not sure how critical that is."
    Why would piling up throw you? Piling up means they slowly start adding to the list. Piling up. Over time, more and more items will appear up there. In the video I showed you there were several. They didn't all just appear one day. Over time, there was 3, then later I saw 4, and now I am up to about 10. Piling up simply means they are increasing. :|

" I thought his reply made sense!"
    His reply was** "I wasnt able to reproduce this issue with the forum page".**

He can't "reproduce" it because its happening on my computer. His response had nothing to do with the video I created regarding inapplicable logins piling up in the browser helper, in my Firefox browser. Maybe he was landing on this thread 3 weeks late and responding about the forum logon issues, but those were already addressed weeks ago. I struggle to see why you felt his response had anything to do with my video whatsoever.

In the video it clearly shows that I am at a particular URL and yet your software is showing me over 10 different possible logins. Its not a complicated issue to understand. Yet I've stumped two people apparently.

"Would you be able to provide the specific URLs where you're having this issue?"

The URL can be seen right in the video I gave you. :|
    Additionally, I already mentioned above that it happens on nearly all my logins now.

Completely bewildered by how hard this is. Though honestly, watching the software break daily and then coming here and having this experience kind of matches ...

Now I am expected to jump through even more hoops and go file a report with your support team, because you guys can't figure out what the problem is. Unbelievable.

"Please shoot us an email at support+extension@agilebits.com with as much detail as you can."

I've already done that work Right here in this thread. How about you file the report with your own support team, since its your company? And point them to my video above, and this thread. Fingers crossed they too wont be completely lost by a simple, basic bug report.

Its not my job to work as your QA department for free, but that's exactly what I have been doing for 4 weeks now. And the amount of time I've wasted trying to help you guys understand basic concepts is excessive. I charge $200 an hour - will you be paying me to act as your QA guy now? I've grown exhausted with this.

• Hi @AgileBurger,

The only thing that I can think of right now is that there is filtering going on your system that is corrupting the data being passed between the 1Password extension in Firefox and the 1Password Helper, which has happened a few times in the past but very rarely. However, it doesn't explain all of the symptoms but it can explain why it may fail on all sites at once and why clicking sometime doesn't work and so on.

Filling/saving is occurring via the extension scripts that we inject into each page and if there's a system or extension that is interfering with it, it will prevent it from working but it is usually globally consistent. While I see you have uBlock Origin, it usually doesn't block/filter the local extension scripts.

Would it be possible to ask if you can create a separate Firefox profile and test 1Password without any other add-ons you have to see if it shows the same issues?

I did check your other thread, wondershare does prompt the auto-save dialog for me. We rarely see this fail for one customer only, which is why I'm leaning to a systematic issue now.

I would love to analyze your diagnostics report as soon as you try again on wondershare, so we can see if there are any errors from the Helper. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.