Stalled Upload of Item Attachments For Transition to Families Personal Vault

Kurtois
Kurtois
Community Member
edited July 2016 in Families

I am slowly performing the following as I transition Items to my new Families vault :

Item> Share > (Families Vault Name) > Copy

Unfortunately, the transition has not gone smoothly. Something I am not used to with your products (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/312156/#Comment_312156)

That said, I performed the above operation for a newly created item with two attachments. Unfortunately, the attachments are both stuck in an "Uploading" state. Their sizes are in the kilobytes.

Here is what I see for both attachments in my Families Vault through the 1Password client application:

Let me add that I cannot see the newly copied Item through the web interface to 1Password.

Can I get assistance?

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the trouble, @Kurtois.

Just to be sure, do you have the original item with attachments? If not, is it at least in a backup that you could revert to?

I'm wondering if there was just a temporary network glitch that caused this, and if you restart your Mac and give it another go it may just work itself out.

Before restarting, though, I would suggest updating to the latest version of 1Password for Mac, if you are running the old version 6.0.1. We have actually fixed some attachment-specific bugs since then.

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member

@khad

OK. Still encountering issues. Let me list what I have done thus far:

Updated to 6.3.1 of 1P for Mac
    Performed an OS X Security Update
    Updated to latest version of Safari
    Performed a Safe Boot, Restarted to Normal

Something I am noting, when I attempt to open the URL for my Families account in Safari, it throws a “Safari Can’t Open Page” error.

To rectify this, I have:
    Deleted Cookie Data

Still receive “Safari Can’t Open Page” error.

Please note in Chrome it works fine.

Also note, when I view the attachments mentioned prior in 1P for Mac, I now see this message:

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member

I did see in the console some messages that contain:

com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper[301]: CFNetwork SSLHandshake failed (-9824)

Note that I stripped out some information from the line above.

• @Kurtois It sounds like something may be interfering with the secure connection to the 1Password Families server. Do you have a VPN, proxy, or antivirus enabled that could be intercepting the connection?

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member

@penderworth - I have non of those in place that I am aware of.

Are we dealing with an expired certificate on this particular machine?

Please note, I am on the same local network using 10.11.x on a different machine and I am able to successfully access my 1P Families subdomain.

Let me know what additional information I provide, sans anything personal, as I understand this is a public forum.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@Kurtois,

Yeah, it sounds like something specific to that Mac. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac right after you attempt to copy an item like that:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@Kurtois, I just saw your OS X version. I think you are having the same problem other OS X Yosemite users are reporting, it's just that you were already signed in to your account when the problem started:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/66416/nsurlerrordomain-error-1200-when-signing-in-to-my-account-under-investigation#latest

We are working as quickly as we can to try to determine what is happening there.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@Kurtois,

I think the devs may have resolved the problem. Can you give it a go again, and let me know if it's working now? :)

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member

@khad - Sure thing! Will report back in a bit.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

:+1:

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member

@khad

I did not sign out via the 1P Mac Client on 10.10.5. I still observe the behavior I observed before. That is, I receive the "Waiting for upload..." notice. I also notice the "SSLHandshake Failed" messages in the console.

I did notice a change such that the name of the Item is appended to the associated attachments' name as part of the 'Copy' process.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@Kurtois,

Now that we have some confirmation from other users that the one issue is resolved, try signing out of your family account in the 1Password app. Then restart your Mac and give it a go again. If it doesn't work now that the other issue is resolved, it must be something else.

Could you email a Diagnostics Report and let me know the support ID? Complete steps are in my previous post above.

We'll get this sorted out one way or another. Really appreciate your patience. :+1:

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member

@khad

Following your instructions, it appears that attachments no longer have the "uploading" watermark and the attachments upload in full. I did not confirm through the web interface to 1P, however.

That said, I encountered an issue which I mentioned in another thread:(https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/312359#Comment_312359

After not getting the full complement of attachments in the copy operation (I should have had two and only one attachment was copied), I deleted the Item and associated attachment and repeated the Copy operation from local vault to the cloud (remote) vault. All attachments did come over this time.

support ID is [#KYN-95874-737]

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member

@khad - I would like to PM you. Is there a good way to do that?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad the initial issue you reported in this discussion is resolved. We'll make sure the other issue is resolved as well. :)

Email is best for private communication. Let's stick to email, so we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.

ref: KYN-95874-737

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

@khad et al AgileBits Support,

An issue I see with the 1P for Families via the web application (is there an acronym you folks prefer?) and related attachments is the fact that when I click into "Imported Attachment" and arrive at that attachment, there is not a way to get back to the original item. Or is there a shortcut which I am unaware of?

Feel free if you wish that I start a new thread for this comment. However, I thought it is all related to attachments in 1P for Families.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kurtois,

1Password accounts use linked items rather than attachments, so when you click on the ‘Imported Attachment’ button, you’re taken to a separate Document item with it’s own place in the database list (sorted by filename). I can certainly see the value in including information in that item that indicates that it is linked to the original item (and lets you easily go back to the original item when necessary). I’ll pass that suggestion along to our team!

This discussion has been closed.