Save new password window showing up off the screen [disable display scaling]

JFKESSEL
JFKESSEL
Community Member
edited May 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

solved already

I'm running Windows 7 on Mac (latest OS) with Parallels 11

I had to create a new user profile the other week and since then all of my 1Password "save new password" windows are showing up in the bottom right corner of my screen about 80% off the screen. So I have to drag them each time to the middle of the screen to use them or even to close the window.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 / Mac 10.11.05
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:save new password window showing up off the screen

Comments

• JFKESSEL
    JFKESSEL
    Community Member

solved

Ah, I solved it using the same method as 2 years ago (disable display scaling)

• Hi @JFKESSEL - I'm so sorry you had the problem with the 1Password browser extension window showing incorrectly. Thank you for letting us know that you resolved the issue by disabling display scaling.

• JFKESSEL
    JFKESSEL
    Community Member

Hi unfortunately the problem came back, and won't go away using the old steps!

• Hi @JFKESSEL,

There isn't any fix we can do for this, it's an issue within Parallels and/or Windows' windowing system.

The one thing you can do is reset the saved window location. Here's how:

1. With the auto-save dialog in focus, press ALT+Space on your keyboard and then press the Enter key. This will switch to Move action for the window.
    2. Now, use the arrow keys to move to the preferred location and press the Enter key to save the location.
This discussion has been closed.