Wifi Sync with multiple Vaults

stefanodottori
stefanodottori
Community Member

Hi , i have a Galaxy S6 Edge ,with two vaults both of them configured with dropbox sync but i'm using the OPVault format , so i can't sync with dropbox on Android
The problem is Wi-Fi Sync only works with the Primary vault ,the other vault i have is Work , but Wi-Fi Sync in Android doesn't recognise the second vault master password after the wifi sync secret ,only recognise the master password of my primary vault.
I already tried to enable and disable Wi-fi Sync and didn't work , also tried to check and uncheck to only sync the primary vault ,but didn't worked too
What can i do ?

1Password Version: 6.0.1 Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hi @stefanodottori. 1Password on Android will only allow you to Wi-Fi sync a Primary vault. There are a few options here, and I'll be happy to walk you through each one.

1. Switch to AgileKeychain and sync your secondary vault with Android using Dropbox.
    2. Export your vaults on Mac, reset the app, and import them so that the secondary vault is primary, and vice versa.
    3. Install the beta version of 1Password on Android and sync your secondary vault using Teams.

Let me know if any of these solutions work for you and I'll gladly walk you through the steps! Thanks!

• stefanodottori
    stefanodottori
    Community Member

Hi @peri ,
    I think Option 1 is my best bet
    But tell me , how option 3 works ?
    Thanks for your help

• Hey @stefanodottori. Thanks for getting back to me. Switching to AgileKeychain is pretty easy.

• Launch 1Password for Mac
    • Under Help > Tools, uncheck Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder sync (this will let you create the .agilekeychain instead)
    • Disable sync
    • Set up sync, and an .agilekeychain will be created from the internal database in 1Password for Mac

Then you'll be able to sync your vault using Dropbox. 1Password on Android will locate the .agilekeychain, and you'll be able to sync with it.

We've recently introduced 1Password for Teams beta, which allows you to sync multiple vaults hosted through our server. If you wanted to test out 1Password for Teams, you could create a Teams vault, add the items from your Work vault, and you'd be able to sync it on Android that way.

Let me know if you have more questions! I'll be happy to help if you have any trouble with any of this! :)

• stefanodottori
    stefanodottori
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

Hi @peri,just another question , this process will affect my primary vault ?
    or just affects my work vault ?
    Thanks for your help
    Edit: It worked thanks again for your help

• That's good news, @stefanodottori. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get everything syncing properly. :)

To answer your question (in case anyone else comes upon this thread), this will only affect the vault you configure sync on after changing the format. If you disable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder Sync, then sync the Primary vault, it will create an .agilekeychain for the Primary vault. Since each vault is synced separately, this will only effect the one you sync afterwards. :)

Let me know if you need anything else in the future!

• EdwardC
    EdwardC
    Community Member

Hi @peri, I followed 1st option mentioned above (among 3), but I am still not able to Sync Multiple Vaults on Android, it is still allowing to sync 1 Vault only! :'(

Can you please help me out.
    Need it urgently.

Thanks in advance!

• Hi @EdwardC. Sorry for the confusion! When this post was created, OPVault sync wasn't supported with Dropbox, so an OPVault vault needed to be synced using Wi-Fi sync. However, it's only possible to sync a Primary vault to Android with Wi-Fi sync, which was what the original problem was.

1Password 6 for Android does not support syncing multiple local vaults at once, no matter the sync method. However it is possible to sync a single secondary vault from Mac or Windows to Android, as long as it's the only vault on Android. This was the problem in the original post. stefanodottori was trying to sync just his secondary vault with Android, rather than both the Primary and secondary vaults. I hope that clarifies things a bit!

The only way to sync multiple vaults on Android simultaneously on Android is using 1Password accounts. Feel free to sign up for a free trial and test it out if you like!

This discussion has been closed.