Migrating from 1Password to 1Password Teams

denniswa
denniswa
Community Member
edited July 2016 in Business and Teams

I purchased individual accounts for my family members years ago. We all use our own vaults. At work I have been tasked with setting up Teams for a group of 8 individuals. I have created the account and sent out the invitations. I noted that Teams has shared and personal vaults. I assume the shared vault is for those items that the entire team needs to share while the personal vault is used for work related data that is specific to an individual employee. Nearly all 8 of my colleagues at work have 1Password individual accounts and I believe one may have 1Password Family. Like me they mix work related and personal information in their vault.

When we migrate from 1Password for individuals we have the ability to move shared data to the shared vault and personal data to the personal vault. What are we supposed to do with our private non-work related data? Can we have a separate vault for that data or do we continue to use the 1Password for individuals application?

If we migrate our private personal information to the Teams personal vault what happens to that data if one of us is laid off, fired or leave the company of our own accord and our account is deleted by the administrator? Are we locked out of the private personal information that is unrelated to work? How do we setup the vaults to prevent our non-work related data from being lost to us should we decide to leave the organization?

The Getting Started Page doesn’t discuss the above situation All but one of the 8 users use Windows 10. Some of us have iPads. The application looks different on the iPad. Why is that?

Where do I start?

Thank you

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Chriome 4.5.7.90, Firefox 4.5.8
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

ref: IJF-11674-795

Comments

• Hi @denniswa - Thank you for using 1Password for your family and your interest in 1Password Teams for your group at work. I see you have also sent us a support ticket on this and we will reply to you via email.

• jorgb
    jorgb
    Community Member

Would be great if the answer could be shared here!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jorgb,

We’ve got a support article that should walk you through the process of migrating your existing data into a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams account:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

There’s even an instructional video, if that’s more your speed. I hope this gets you all sorted out, but if you have more questions, we’re happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.