Viewing PDF in secure note on iPhone

Options
schraft
schraft
Community Member

On my Mac I created a secure note with a pdf attachment. The note including the attachment synced to my iPhone, however, I cannot view the attachment. All I see is a grey screen showing file name and size of the attachment. Viewing the attachment on iPad works fine. How can I view the pdf on the iPhone?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.1 (631006) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:pdf, kb:undefined, kb-search:pdf iphone

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @schraft,

Viewing attachments is a Pro feature. Since you can view the attachment on your iPad, it sounds like you have purchased these Pro features already. Did you install the 1Password app on your iPhone using the same Apple ID as you did when you made the original purchase of the Pro features?

What do you see when you go to Settings > Pro features inside the 1Password app on your iPhone? Do you have an option to restore the purchase?

• schraft
    schraft
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan, thank you for getting back to me.

On my iPhone in the 1Password app under settings > Pro Features I see: "Thank you for buying 1Password's Pro Features". I am using the same Apple ID on all of my devices.

In the meantime I deleted the app on my iPhone, re-downloaded it from the Apple App Store and synced the 1Password data with Dropbox. I still cannot see the content of the pdf attachment in the iPhone app, all I see is the grey screen with file name and file size. Under settings it confirms that Pro Features are active.

I also created a new secure note and attached a different pdf file. I could not see the content of that file on the iPhone, while it showed on the other devices (Mac, iPad).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @schraft,

Thanks for confirming those details for me. And you went above and beyond and tested just what I was going to suggest next - adding a new item with a fresh pdf file - that’s awesome!

Now, I have an odd question for you. I was able to find an open bug report for an issue that could resemble yours. Do you have an app called ‘ClickMeeting’ on your iPhone? Apparently we’ve come across a few third party apps that can interfere with the displaying of PDF attachments on iOS.

ref: OPI-3139

I’d also like to take a closer look at your system to see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up.

Please create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• schraft
    schraft
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

I don't have "ClickMeeting" installed on my iPhone.

I just submitted the diagnostics report. The support ID is [#NKZ-94574-174]

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @schraft,

Thanks for the information about Click Meeting!

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: NKZ-94574-174

• schraft
    schraft
    Community Member
    Options

With the help of AgileBits support staff I have been able to identify the VRPlayer app on my iPhone as the one causing the problem. Deleting and reinstalling it solved the issue - I can now view pdf attachments on my iPhone. Thank you for your help!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @schraft! Glad to hear you were able to come up with a solution. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.