Delete individual account

Options
tackes
tackes
Community Member

I have a standalone version of 1Password that I purchased from the Mac store. For some reason, I signed up for an individual account online before realizing that it wasn't necessary. How do I delete that individual online account since I'm never going to use it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tackes,

Thanks for taking time to join the forum and contact us - welcome!

It's fine to leave your new 1Password account active in case you might like to give it a try during the six months free promotion period, then it'll be frozen after that if you haven't paid for a subscription. In other words, you'll never be billed for a 1Password account unless you've chosen to add a credit card to it - it'll simply be in either an active or frozen state.

If you'd still prefer to have your account deleted, shoot an email to support@1password.com and we can take care of it for you.

Have a great week and hopefully we'll see you around here again sometime. :)

• TomDAzevedo
    TomDAzevedo
    Community Member
    Options

I have had a free stand alone account for a few years and decided to try the paid version free trial. I put in my credit card as requested and got and received a Key number. I then realized that I actually needed the family plan so I put my credit card in the setup for that account and received a second key. I have spent the last couple of days trying to cancel the stand alone account before I am charged, but unfortunetly 1password intentionally makes it almost impossible to find answers on how to do that. It seems simple for them to have just put a link in the billing section that says "Cancel my subscription". The Q&A on this topic did say to go to the billing section of the accounts and click on "edit subscriptions" and there would be a tap for canceling however that link is conveniently missing on my account. Since 1password doesn't list any phone number or email contact information, I hope someone in this forum can offer some help.

Signed
    Very discouraged customer

• TomDAzevedo
    TomDAzevedo
    Community Member
    Options

I have a standalone account that I have had for years and decided to try the free trial version. In signing up for the free trial I put my credit card in and received a Key. O later discovered that I should have changed it to the family version so I signed up for that free trial and put in my credit card again. I have spent the last two days trying to cancel the standalone version before they charge my card but 1password intentionally makes it nearly impossible to cancel. The Q&A on that topic says to go to the billing tab in the account and click on "Edit Subscription" and there will be an option to cancel. I have tried that numerous times and there is no such option. I do not understand why 1password makes it so difficult to cancel. At the very least they could have a link that clearly says"Cancel Account" or maybe provide and email address for that purpose or even give a phone number for support. In any case I want to keep my family version and cancel the stanalone spo what ever help you can give me would be much appreciated.

• LisaV
    LisaV
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @TomDAzevedo,

Welcome to the forums! And thanks for giving our new subscription services a try! :chuffed:

I apologise for the trouble you're experiencing with deleting your Individual account. We haven't yet added the ability to delete your account from the web app, but if you contact our support team at support@1password.com, we can get that sorted for you. Make sure to also include the link to this discussion and repeat the problem so we can delete your account ASAP. :)

Sorry again for the trouble! I hope you enjoy using 1Password Families :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.