Unable to copy from 1Password mini

Options
Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Super Frustrated!.

Comments

• don_fladen
    don_fladen
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem on my mac 10.11.6.

until a month ago i was able to copy passwords from the 1password taskbar application and past the password into the designated target. now it wont copy so i need to write down the password and then type it in manually.
    The whole point of having this application is gone needing to write down the password.

I have tried to delete the application and install it again, it does not work.

if this does not change within the next 14 days i will buy another software instead.

• don_fladen
    don_fladen
    Community Member
    Options

I am using 1password model 6.3.1 ( 631005)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @don_fladen,

I wanted to let you know that I’ve moved your post into the 1Password for Mac section of our forum, just to keep things organized. I hope that’s ok! I’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling frustrated by 1Password right now. I’ll do what I can to help get this straightened out as soon as possible.

Could you tell me a little bit more about how you are attempting to copy the password from the password generator in 1Password mini? Here are the ways that I have tested:

1. Open 1Password mini and generate a new password
    2. Click the arrow beside the ‘Fill’ button and select copy
    3. New password is saved to my clipboard.

4. Open 1Password mini and generate a new password

5. Click inside the password and use ⌘A to select the whole password
    6. New password is saved to my clipboard.

Both seem to work for me. I can certainly understand how this would be annoying if it stopped working, so please let me know how else I can test this - if there’s something up in the app, we definitely want to get it fixed.

This discussion has been closed.