Upgrading to Family....what is a "Sign-In Address"?

Options
hobbes1st
hobbes1st
Community Member

I have been a long time user of 1password. I love it but have always had trouble sharing some of my passwords with other family members. I was happy to see that you now offer a web based interface that easily allows sharing. I set up an account and everything from the computer based app synced easily with the web interface, I even love how, as soon as I add something on my desktop it syncs to the web.

My question is with setting up the Family side of things. When I select "Invite People" it offers me two options; Upgrade to Family or Upgrade to Teams. When I select Family it asks me to create "Sign-In Address".

What is a Sign-In address and what is it used for?

I have a screen grab but don't see an option of adding one to this post.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @hobbes1st! Great question. The sign-in address you have right now is my.1password.com, and all 1Password users with individual accounts use that. If you upgrade to a family or team, you get a personal sign-in address. :) So you can make it hobbes.1password.com if that is available, or anything that best suits your family. Your sign-in address will be printed on your Emergency Kit if you generate a new one after upgrading, and you can request it by clicking "Don't know your sign-in address?" on the sign in page. Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.