1P for Individuals (I may have lost my data)

Options
Zeck
Zeck
Community Member

I just set up a 1P account wanting to sign-up for the new Individual subscription service. In my Mac client, I followed the instructions to move my data from my old Primary account to the new Personal account and deleted by old Primary vault. I had backed up my data using 1P before I started all this. I also looked and my online Personal account had the data, but it is now empty. So, I appear to be in a situation where I have all my data in a local Mac 1P client and it's corresponding online account does not contain any of the data. Something may have happened when I was setting up my iPhone to use the Personal account but I have no clue as to what i did. I have Time Machine backups and have cloned my drive recently, but I don't know where my old 1P data is or how I can make sure I have a copy of it. My Mac client was purchased from the Mac app store. If I can't move forward to the new Personal account, that's okay. But I am in a bit of a panic since I don't know where to find my data so that I can restore if I drop back to the stand-alone version of 1P. I would very much appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.3.1 Mac app store
Extension Version: 4.5.8.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: Latest OS X version of El Capitan
Sync Type: Dropbox before all this happened

Comments

• Zeck
    Zeck
    Community Member
    Options

Problem resolved!! I managed to recover by rebuilding things from my old opvault file and re-establshing the Personal account. After signing out of the new Personal account (locally) and then setting it up again, the data synced from the local machine to the web account. Still don't know why the data disappeared, but solving that mystery is for another day.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well after all. The great things about 1Password Accounts is that once the data makes it to the server, you'll always have a backup and version history should you run into trouble.

It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.