Master password changed on iOS not accepted on any device. I can only use it on iPhone with touch id

Options
patelmay
patelmay
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Mac

I signed up for Individual 1password. I downloaded on mac and then on iOS. To make my master password easier to enter, I changed it on iOS and enabled touch ID. Now the master password is not accepted anywhere. I cannot login on Mac and am scared that if I disable touch ID on iOS, it will not work as well. I imported passwords from Dashlane and have deleted the account. I have around 200 logins saved. Is it possible to recover master password for Individual accounts? I tried all things mentioned in different support forums.
Thank You!
New 1password user :)

1Password Version: 6.3.1 (631006)
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: not sure
Referrer: forum-search:Master password changed on iOS not accepted anymore

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @patelmay,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this, and I’ll do what I can to help you get this sorted out as soon as possible - I know it can be frustrating to not have access to your data.

Have you tried using your original Master Password to access your data in 1Password for Mac or the web interface?

• patelmay
    patelmay
    Community Member
    Options

Thank You, Megan. I did try my original Master password and it is not working either.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @patelmay,

You mentioned trying all the suggestions that you found in the forums, but I wanted to mention these tips in particular. When typing in the Master Password, make sure that you’re trying each of these options.

When you set up 1Password on your iOS device, did you create a separate primary vault or sign in to your 1Password account immediately?

• patelmay
    patelmay
    Community Member
    Options

I signed to 1Password account directly without creating . And my first master password was long and little time consuming to enter so I changed it and set up to use touch ID. After that, it is not accepting either first or changed password. I spent hours trying all combinations as mentioned in link you provided. No matter how many times do I enter wrong master password, nothing happens. System tells me invalid password.
    One more thing, after posting this question, whatever got into my mind, I deleted iOS app and now I can't login into it after downloading again :(

• Hi @patelmay ,

I'm not sure if you tried logging in on both Mac and the web interface after Megan suggested it, but try to log into your account via web at https://my.1password.com with your account key, and the original password you set up. If that doesn't work, try the new password you set on iOS.

Please let us know how that works out.

Regards,
    Kevin

• patelmay
    patelmay
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kevin,
    I have indeed tried to login to Mac as well as web interface with my both old and new password and it is not working. I deleted the iOS app and reinstalled it and tried both master passwords and it is not working. May I ask this in simple way, is it possible to recover/reset Master Password or you delete my account and I will create it again?

Thanks,
    Mayank

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mayank ( @patelmay ),

Unfortunately, now that 1Password has been reinstalled on your iOS device, we’ll need to delete the account and let you start fresh.

From the article I shared earlier:

For your security, your Master Password is:

never transmitted over the Internet
    never logged locally
    never known to us at AgileBits
    only known to you
    the only way to decrypt your data

This ensures that your data is safe from intruders, but it also means that we can’t reset your Master Password. However, you might be able to recover it.

Please send a message in to support@1password.com with your full name and the email address that you used to set up your account. We’ll be better able to help you there.

This discussion has been closed.