URLs dropped when moving data to Family

Options
mawiwowi
mawiwowi
Community Member

I'm attempting to move to 1Password Family (using Windows Beta), however when i copy or move data from my local vault to family-based Personal vault, URLs are not moved over. As such when it syncs online, there is no URL information available.

I only have Windows 10 and Android. Is there any other way to get my vault online? My understanding is the only way is Windows Beta or Mac (which I don't have)

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

@mawiwowi I'm sure official AgileBits folks will be by soon, but I know I just migrated my data by using 1Password 4 with my Dropbox-based vault and did File->Export and exported to the 1PIF format in a .1pif file (note that attachments are saved to an "attachments" folder alongside the .1pif file, you'll have to upload these manually as they don't automatically import). From inside the 1Password 6 Windows Beta (version 6.0.184d now, or newer if there's a newer version--make sure it's not older though), you'll need to go to the Settings Gear icon at the top right and choose Import from that menu, and select the .1pif file you exported previously. The information should be imported into your new account.

Make sure this .1pif file doesn't get backed up to an offsite backup utility and that you fully delete it off your hard drive when done since it has all of your data unencrypted inside of it! Your "attachments" folder (if any) may also have sensitive information inside of it; these can be added as Documents one at a time in 1Password Teams/Families/Individual (from the web interface for now, I think).

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @mawiwowi! Sorry about that. Everything should be just as it was before you moved it to your family account, so I'm very curious about your migration. Could you try removing all your items from your account and moving them over once again? If the issue persists, please create a Diagnostics Report from your computer.

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you send the email, post back here with the BitBot confirmation number you receive a few minutes after sending. That will help us connect the dots. :)

• mawiwowi
    mawiwowi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks dszp, that worked for me!

Jacob, what seems to have happened is if I open my 1Password4's .agilekeychain file in 1Password6 by choosing Folder > Open Vault, I'm able to browse to URLs however I don't see anything in the website field if I edit an entry.

When I copy or move this to the Personal Vault, websites still don't show and the browse function then no longer works. Fortunately dszp's method worked for me

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mawiwowi,

I’m so glad to hear that @dszp’s suggestion got you all sorted out!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.