iCloud backup of Teams data

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Business and Teams

Dear all,

What is the status of 1Password for Teams Vaults on iOS with regards to iCloud Backup?

Independently from the fact that backing up Teams data onto iCloud is probably unnecessary (given AgileBits' no doubt exemplary backup procedures for synced data), does running an iCloud backup from the Preferences app result in the 1Password database being backed up?

If so, could the 1Password database also be restored in this fashion, from an iCloud restore during setup? I know applications can mark certain files so that they are never backed up by Apple, and I was wondering whether 1Password did this.

— FJ

Comments

• Hi @Deleted User! Great question. In the past we haven't recommended using iCloud backups to keep 1Password data safe because sometimes things just don't make it through, and because we do our own backups. This falls into the same area. Similar to 1Password for Mac with a team account, backups are handled on the server side. We don't specifically tell iOS not to backup 1Password data, but we've seen cases where it doesn't happen for some reason so I wouldn't recommend relying on it. Hope that helps! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Thanks, @Jacob! :chuffed:

• You're most welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.