Renaming a Vault

mskopel
mskopel
Community Member

Is it possible to rename a 1password.com vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mskopel! Absolutely. If you're the owner or an admin you can rename it by clicking the pencil icon on the main account page:

Hope that helps! :)

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member

Hi Jacob,

I migrated this vault from the stand alone to 1password.com last week. I am definitely the owner however I am not seeing the edit pencil. As a test, I created a second vault and did see the pencil. Could you tell me what may have caused 1password to not recognize that I am the owner?

Michael

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mskopel,

It isn't possible to rename (or delete) the Personal vault for 1Password accounts, if that's what you want to do and have been unable to. Other vaults can be created/renamed/deleted, when permissions allow it, like you did in your test and as Jacob showed in his example.

Let us know if you're having trouble renaming a non-Personal vault and we'll figure out why that's not working. Thanks!

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member

Thanks sjk. I was able to create a new vault with the name I needed then move the existing data over to it.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mskopel

On behalf of sjk you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that everything worked fine for you. If you have any other questions or need help with anything else, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

• stuzog
    stuzog
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Where is this "main account page"? I haven't found it in OS X 10.11.6 1P 6.8b12. I had to create a new vault with the preferred name and move all the items into it from the badly-named vault, then delete that vault.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stuzog! The "main account page" is also known as the Dashboard, and is the first page you see when you sign into a 1Password.com subscription account in your web browser (via the account's sign-in address). It displays an overview of all of the vaults you have access to, and is what @Jacob 's screenshot in the first reply above is from.

I hope that clears things up! :+1:

• stuzog
    stuzog
    Community Member

Guess I didn't catch the .com reference! :| So now my question is: how to rename a secondary vault in the desktop version of 1Password?

• Hi @stuzog - After a standalone vault is created, you can't edit the name of the vault. You could create a new vault, giving it a new name, then move your data over to the new vault. As of right now, there is no way to edit the name of a vault once created. Only with a 1Password.com vault can you edit the name. Sorry for not having a better answer for you, and let us know if you have any additional questions. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.