Trouble syncing between iMac and iPhone and iPad

KittyG
KittyG
Community Member

First of all, I really love 1Password. It has changed our lives. I was a beta tester for Teams, but I was really a Family. As soon as 1Password Family came out, I transferred over. As of right now, we are using 1Password Family on 2 iMacs (1 desktop and 1 laptop), 2 iPhones (a 5 and a 6) and 1 iPad. I can't use the 1Pass extension because I use Firefox 48. (I think that's why if I understand everything correctly.)

Here's my problem, and I believe it is something really simple, but my settings are probably not correct:

My devices don't sync and share logins, etc. My iPhone has more than my computer, and my husband's phone has the more than any other device. For e.g., if I record a new login on my iPhone, it doesn't transfer to my iMac, even when I plug the iPhone into the iMac to download photos. I am happy to use whatever sync method is best, and I thought I was using something inherent in the new Family edition, something through 1Password, if that makes sense.

I have every confidence this is User Incompetence.
Thank you for any help you can give me. (Did I say we LOVE 1Password? LOL)
Kitty Garrett

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Family
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Hi @KittyG! Thanks so much for the :love: It's always nice to hear people are enjoying what we make. I'm sorry there's a bit of trouble with the sync between your devices, though. Were you using 1Password before 1Password Teams and 1Password Families were introduced? If you were, and you moved your existing data over to an account, one of the devices may not have been set up properly which is why there's a discrepancy in item counts. To get a better idea of what is happening, could you please create some Diagnostics Reports from your devices?

Create one from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics?mac

And also from your iPhone: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics?ios

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Reports in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• KittyG
    KittyG
    Community Member

[#UJP-37346-453]

• @KittyG Thanks! We'll get back to you as soon as possible and keep the conversation going via email for now. :)

ref: #UJP-37346-453

This discussion has been closed.