WLAN Server setup

AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni

Comments

• timmyd7777
    timmyd7777
    Community Member

I have exactly the same question, but I'm a new Mac (not Windows) users. I downloaded 1password 6.3.2 for mac OS X, and I want to create local-only vaults and sync them to my iPhone without ever using The Cloud, or without any of my data ever being sent to 1password's servers. However, the "WLAN Sync" option is missing from the Mac version of 1password's Preferences page - even after I bought a $64 license. What's the deal here? Can a Mac user use your products without having to sync passwords across the internet? Your documentation clearly indicates that this should be possible, but I can't for the life of me figure out how. Please help. I'm now a paying (and very frustrated) customer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017

@timmyd7777: I hope you don't mind, but I'm spitting you off into a separate discussion in the Mac category of the forums since your situation doesn't seem to pertain to Windows at all.

I have exactly the same question, but I'm a new Mac (not Windows) users. I downloaded 1password 6.3.2 for mac OS X, and I want to create local-only vaults and sync them to my iPhone without ever using The Cloud, or without any of my data ever being sent to 1password's servers. However, the "WLAN Sync" option is missing from the Mac version of 1password's Preferences page - even after I bought a $64 license. What's the deal here? Can a Mac user use your products without having to sync passwords across the internet? Your documentation clearly indicates that this should be possible, but I can't for the life of me figure out how. Please help. I'm now a paying (and very frustrated) customer.

I'm a bit confused too. Are you saying that the WLAN Server tab is missing entirely from Preferences?

Also, make sure that Local Vaults are enabled:

And note that vaults belonging to a 1Password Account cannot sync via Dropbox, iCloud, or WLAN Server.

1Password for Mac version 6 definitely support local sync, but it will depend entirely on your network environment to function as well. Please let me know what you find!

• jo3
    jo3
    Community Member

I have the same problem - WLAN Server tab is missing entirely from Presences

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jo3: Are you using an old version of 1Password, or the current version, but without any local vaults (as mentioned above)?

This discussion has been closed.