What is the invoice details in settings

ntimo
ntimo
Community Member

Hello,
I just saw that the new version 134 has an option in the settings to add invoice details. So what do I have to enter their? And what is this data being used for? And how is it stored?

Thx
Timo

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ntimo: You probably don't need to enter anything. I know I won't! This is geared toward business, as a number of companies have requested to be able to add information there to be included on the invoice for their accounting and bookkeeping* staff. :chuffed:

*Fun fact: "bookkeeping" is perhaps the only word in the English language with three consecutive double letters. :pirate: :+1:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@brenty well that a good fun fact ::dizzy: Thanks for your reply I think I will enter my information if its helpful in some way :dizzy:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Just to clarify, it's only for your own personal use. It doesn't make any difference to us what you put on the invoice. Be creative! ;)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@brenty I will figure somethink creative out and put it in there ::dizzy:

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

@ntimo I think we all now want to know what you come up with, have fun with 1Password! :chuffed:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@Pilar @brenty I figgured this out :dizzy:

It was a long long time ago when passwords suffered from insecure ness. But then suddenly something changed. It wasn't noticed first because the impact of it was so little. But after years and years that the passwords searched for a way be to be more and more secure so they could not get stolen by some bad people and finally be happy. The savior of them all just appeared he called im help 1Password. 1Password was a good guy he helped the passwords to stay secure and invited them to join his kingdom of secureness. Where they lived or maybe even still live today? We will never know, all we know is that they are secure and happy now.

When I try to save this text I get an error. Maybe its to long? :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

@ntimo: First of all, that's a lovely tale! I feel like it should be a book with illustrations.

And I'm sorry for the trouble there! There's a hard limit of 64 characters for the "Name" field and 1024 for "Address or Additional Information". The former at least prevents you from entering text that cannot be saved, but the latter accepts anything, but produces an error if it contains 1025 or more characters. Oddly enough, your story saved just fine for me, but I've reported this so we can make it more clear. Thanks for sharing this! :)

ref: b5-1661

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@brenty I get this error: Failed to save settings. An unexpected error occurred. I am happy you like my story :dizzy: I counted the characters and my text only contains 638. So thats crazy that I can't save it :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

@ntimo: Thanks for correcting me on that! It certainly is odd that I was able to save a full 1024 characters while 638 fails for you. I'll note this in the report too so we can look into that as well.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

@ntimo I'm sorry you can't save it yet, because I love your tale! It reminds a bit of Avatar! I hope we get it sorted out soon :chuffed:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@Pilar @brenty now it saved it :) Thanks you guys and girls are awesome ;)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

@ntimo It's great to hear that! Thank you for sharing your very original idea for the description with us! :chuffed:

• Just chiming in here after a few months. I finally got around to fixing the character limit (so that you can't enter more than 1024 characters in the box) and then investigating the error you saw, @ntimo. It looks like the error was caused by the web client getting out of sync, which would be fixed with a simple page reload, and that's why it worked the next time you tried it.

I think we may have previously fixed the most common scenario where the client gets out of sync, but it's still possible to get into that situation when the account settings are edited by two people (or just in two tabs) separately.

Anyway, the fix for the first issue should be in the next update to the site. Thanks for the report that got us investigating!

This discussion has been closed.