I own a perpetual family license but the apple store wants $64 for the 1password app. this does not

Nesko
Nesko
Community Member

This does not seem right. why did I purchase a family license. At the time I had only PC and android apps, now I am switching to OS X and need to pay again????

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I own a perpetual family license, how do I add and OS X machine without paying more money?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2016

Hi @Nesko,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

It appears you currently have a 1Password 4 for Windows Family License purchased in 2014. We no longer sell this type of license, but your license is still valid for you and up to 5 additional family members that reside with you to use 1Password on any number of Windows PCs. It does not apply to 1Password for Mac, or to our new 1Password.com subscription services.

You have a couple of options for moving forward.

1) You can subscribe to 1Password Families: https://1password.com/families/ This includes access to the latest versions of all our apps for 5 (total) family members as long as you maintain your subscription.
    2) You could upgrade your existing license to our new 1Password licenses, which includes both 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows, but is for a single individual. You can do that here: https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade To do so you'll need your license key, so just in case you don't have that handy I've sent you a copy of it to your email address on file.

To use 1Password with a family, especially one that works with multiple platforms, we'd highly recommend option #1. On top of the fact that all of the native apps are included, it also comes with a 1Password.com account which allows you to access your data on any device simply by signing in. This makes adding a new device or replacing a lost/stolen one much easier. There are a bunch of other features too, but you can read about all of them here:

Families - 1Password

If you do decide to go with 1Password Families you can learn about how to migrate your existing data here:

How to migrate to a family or team

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

ref: NWD-12493-152

This discussion has been closed.