Restore deleted items from trash

Because I cannot move items between vaults, I individually copied (from the Shared Folder) specific items to sharing-restricted vaults. Then, I deleted the files from the shared folder. Unfortunately, the Windows 10 app is unreliable and only half my items copied. So, I went to the trash to recover my deleted items. There appears to be no option to recover deleted items, from the app or the web interface. Half my items are now in the trash and they need to be recovered somehow - anyone have any suggestions?

Alternatively, I could have solved the same thing by being able to transfer items between vaults vs. having to make copies. For my company, I need to keep the majority of passwords OUT of the shared vault, therefore this will be an issue that persists in the future.

1Password Version: 6.0.161u
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Teams
Referrer: forum-search:restore deleted item

Comments

• Hi @taylorbearden! I'm very sorry for the trouble moving things between vaults. Right now, the Windows app only supports copying between vaults, not moving, so I'm a bit confused as to how you lost the items in transit. Could you post some specific steps that you went through to get that result? I'd be happy to investigate it on my end as well. :)

So, I went to the trash to recover my deleted items. There appears to be no option to recover deleted items, from the app or the web interface. Half my items are now in the trash and they need to be recovered somehow - anyone have any suggestions?

You actually can restore items from the Trash in the web interface, just not in the Windows app right now. In the web interface, open the vault and click Trash in the bottom left, then select the item you want to restore and click Restore in the bottom right:

Hope that helps! If you have any other questions, we're happy to help with those as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.