30-day versus 6-month trial for 1Password Individual

Options

Comments

• vkapperg
    vkapperg
    Community Member
    Options

I signed up today for 1Password Individual but according to the Billing page I only have a 30-day free trial not 6 months. Can you review and adjust, please?

• lewclarke93
    lewclarke93
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. Signed up last week and noticed today I only have 22 days left on my trial. Would be great if this could be fixed. Thanks

• Hi @vkapperg,

I just looked up your account, and it appears that you've signed up for 1Password Teams. The 6 months free special is only for Individual accounts, which can be selected here: https://start.1password.com/signup/plan

Hi @lewclarke93,

I've added the free 6 months to your account. :+1:

• vkapperg
    vkapperg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, JasperP! Really? My intention was to create an individual account. It sucks! :-( I think I saw the problem: I tried using the link you sent to sign up, but when I tried creating the account the end link changes from /register/name to /signup/team and I can't create my individual account. How I do? I will lost ALL The records that I already typed?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vkapperg: It's okay! Really! You can totally create a new 1Password Account with the individual plan:

https://start.1password.com/signup/team?type=I

Additionally, you haven't lost anything! Just login to both 1Password Accounts in 1Password, and then you can copy your data over from the 1Password Teams vaults to those in your new account. Cheers! :)

• jameshc
    jameshc
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like I also didn't receive the 6 month trial, I think maybe I messed up the sign up process.

• Hi @jameshc- I apologize, I have now fixed your account such that you get that first 6 months free. Thank you for signing up for a 1Password account :)

• BrianWyland
    BrianWyland
    Community Member
    Options

Ugh I wish I had seen this BEFORE I signed up for Family Plan. You really need to change the website - I know you want to promote the 6 months free but it is very confusing when the page says 6 months free on the top and it shows the Individual and Family plans on the page.

It would maybe make more sense to have a separate link to 'see family pricing' and then remove all reference to the 6 months free.

Even the Blog News announcement doesn't seem to make it so clear - I know a majority of people are doing the Individual accounts so might be as much of an issue.

The graphic showing the 6 months free is in circle text and the phrase "One Person" is cut off at the bottom of the screen. Just saying that after I realized my mistake I went back and just wanted to see where I missed it saying only for individual accounts.

Not sure this will be read by the powers that be - but I'd maybe put the disclaimer on the graphics and headers showing "6 MONTHS FREE" to say 'individual accounts only'.

• Brian Wyland
  • Jacob
    Options

@BrianWyland Thanks for the feedback. I see what you mean — that is a bit confusing. I'll pass along your feedback and we'll see what we can do to improve the way that's displayed. :)

• MarekG
    MarekG
    Community Member
    Options

I signed up to an individual account using "Sign up now and get 6 months free". My license is only a 30 days trial. Is this a mistake?

• Jacob
    Options

@MarekG Sorry for the confusion. It looks like you haven't signed in to your account in the 1Password apps yet. This should help you get that 30-day trial message out of the way:

Get started with 1Password - Set up the apps

Let us know if you have any questions. :)

• TJPeralta
    TJPeralta
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I signed up today for 1Password Individual but I can't see any indication that the 6 months trial was applied. Can you please review if this promotion was applied?

• Jacob
    Options

@TJPeralta I see you converted your account to an individual from a family. Converted accounts don't automatically get the promotion, but I've applied it for you in this case and refunded you for the recent charge. Your trial will now expire next year. :) Hope that helps!

• TJPeralta
    TJPeralta
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your quick reply on this @Jacob, that is perfect!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad you're all set with the promo and refund, @TJPeralta, thanks to Jacob. :+1::smile:

• Banjo
    Banjo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi AgileBits,

I have recently tested 1password, however, very shortly after I signed up, the six month trail appeared. Would it be possible to extend my 30days to the six months trial?

• Hi @Banjo,

It appears you have a 1Password Families account. The 6-month trial offer is only for individual 1Password accounts. Family accounts are not eligible.

Sorry for any confusion!

Ben

• joshbeard
    joshbeard
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same situation. I signed up individual (during the 6mo promo offering period) but converted to a family account to check it out, and now realize the 6 month promo doesn't apply to family accounts. I've converted BACK to an individual account, but the original promotional discount period is no longer applied to my individual account (I realize this is my fault ;)). Am I able to have the promo applied to my individual account?

Thanks

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @joshbeard

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with the different 1Password accounts, but it's great that you're trying it all! We'll take care of you and you'll see everything sorted out in your account soon! :chuffed:

• @joshbeard Could you check things now please? We added that promo back to your account.

• PhoenixDown
    PhoenixDown
    Community Member
    Options

I thought I was signed up for a 6 month trial of 1password subscription plan (individual user plan) but it looks like my account is locked out.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• PhoenixDown
    PhoenixDown
    Community Member
    Options

My 6 month trial was cut short, started a new thread before seeing this one.

• Hi @PhoenixDown

Our apologies. Your trial is still active until Feb 3, 2017. If you got an email stating otherwise that was accidental.

Ben

• @glenda I don't see that you have an account under the email address you used to sign up here. You're welcome to sign up for one and get that promotion. :)

• druke
    druke
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. I signed-up for a family account because I was offered 6 months. I was only given 30 days and am being requested to provide a credit card so that my account is not frozen. @brenty could you look at my case please?

• @druke,

The 6 month offer is for individual 1Password accounts, not 1Password Families.

30 days free of 1Password Families is the correct promo. If you'd like to try an individual account for 6 months instead please feel free to sign up for one.

Ben

• druke
    druke
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben thanks for clarifying. Maybe I read things too fast, but I was really led to believe that upgrading to family would not affect my trial period.

• @druke,

Was it this post that you were reading?

https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/08/03/new-1password-hosted-service/

If so, and if there is language that you think makes it unclear which products the promotion applies to, please let us know and I can pass that feedback along to our marketing team for their consideration.

Ben

• druke
    druke
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben I was referring to when I converted my account for individual (under 6-month trial) into a family plan, it wasn't clear that the trial period would be reduced to 30 days if I upgraded my account. I'm actually going ahead and cancelling this plan. I prefer to get back to my iCloud sync individual account and do the same for other members of my family. I wasn't counting on that expense now. Thanks.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2016
    Options

I was referring to when I converted my account for individual (under 6-month trial) into a family plan, it wasn't clear that the trial period would be reduced to 30 days if I upgraded my account.

I see. Yes, we don't really advertise the fact that the trial remains the 6 months, but it should. If it did not for you please send us an email to support@1password.com from the email address used to create the 1Password account. Please include this link in your email:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/326232/#Comment_326232

I prefer to get back to my iCloud sync individual account and do the same for other members of my family.

If that is what you prefer. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.