change family member email

lasllcap
lasllcap
Community Member

as family account administrator, how do i change a family members e-mail? are they the only one that can do it ?
I can find no way to access their porfile.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: whatever the latest MacOs is
Sync Type: wi-fi
Referrer: forum-search:change family member email

Comments

• Hi @lasllcap,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

This isn't something you can do as an administrator, unfortunately. Because the user must verify the email, and because a new master key must be created (since the email address in involved in key derivation), only the user can change their email address.

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member

Ok, now I am really confused; its a family account, how can every member have a different key for the same account - passwords I understand but not this.

So, every member of a family account needs a different rescue kit if they use different emails ?

• @lasllcap Sorry for the confusion. Each member has a unique Account Key and Master Password because they have separate accounts within the family. This also strengthens security for the family — sharing an Account Key among all the members would mean one part of the family's security is being distributed multiple times. They do all need to download their own Emergency Kit to make sure they have that information stored somewhere safe. :)

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member

i got it; makes sense.
    On the other hand, consider a large family account and each member serving as a back up for potential lock out by keeping a copy of each of the other members Emergency kit. Theoretically , this could be a sizable binder.

• @lasllcap I'm sure you could fit it in a small one if you fold things nicely. :)

This discussion has been closed.