Is the 6-month free trial now available for 1Password Families as well?

gkgriffith
gkgriffith
Community Member

Is the 6-month free trial now available for 1Password Families as well? If so, how does one go about signing up for it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:6-month trial for 1Password Families?

Comments

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

@gkgriffith AgileBits has said they already had a discounted/free deal for Families when it was released, and that's over already. The Individuals plan is brand new and the only one on special right now. There is a 30-day trial of Families available any time as a standard option I believe, so you can still get something for nothing :-)

• gkgriffith
    gkgriffith
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

So, if someone is interested in trying out 1Password with the idea of eventually moving to a 1Password Families subscription, would it work, for example, for a husband and wife to try the 1P individual subscription for 6 weeks, and if they decide to continue with the subscription, to combine it into a 1Password Families subscription?

Thanks!!

• Hi @gkgriffith,

You could certainly do that, but there is a 30 day trial for 1Password Families available, so if that is the service you think you might end up with that is what I'd recommend trialing.

We do not currently have an automated way to take two individual accounts and merge them into a family account. You'd need to manually migrate the data.

Thanks!

Ben

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member

since the subject has sort of come up and so I don't really feel i am hijacking this thread ---
    what about my families license ? how does that fit in ? where is the advantage of dropping my current 40 something$ year for my wife and I for about the same thing at 60$
    Roger

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member

I must be missing something in the difference between the two versions.

• @lasllcap Family licenses, as in the ones we used to sell a few years back? You can continue using those if you have one. They allow you to use the standalone version of 1Password with your family of up to five other members. :) I'm not quite sure what you mean by this though:

where is the advantage of dropping my current 40 something$ year for my wife and I for about the same thing at 60$

What is $40 a year?

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member

Families Launch Special (Annual)
    Pay $48 for up to 7 members (yearly)
    Up to 2 GB of secure storage
    Account created February 26, 2016

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member

billing says my next bill is April of 2017

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lasllcap: That makes sense. So long as your subscription remains active, you'll keep the early adopter rate and bonuses. We launched in February, billing was added in March, and then the free trials started expiring in April. So it sounds like you're on the annual early adopter plan and will be billed again next year.

The new 1Password individual plan offers nothing over 1Password Families, only a lower price since it is for a single user. Otherwise, you only have the option of vault sharing and multiple members with 1Password Families (or Teams). Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.